Hello, everyone. I was an atheist until at the age of 27 I began to study the Bible in order to debunk it. I learned quickly that the Bible was grossly misrepresented by apostate Christendom's adoption of pagan teachings such as the immortal soul from Socrates, the trinity from Plato, the cross from Constantine, hell from Dante and Milton, Easter from Astarte, Christmas from the winter solstice celebrations, and most recently the Rapture from Darby.

Though I have never and will never be a part of organized religion, my beliefs are not entirely dissimilar to that of The Jehovah's Witnesses, due to the removal of the aforementioned pagan influence. I have studied briefly the history of the major world religions, Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Shintoism and Taoism and have published sacred and non-sacred texts from each of these online: The Dhammapada, Four Noble Truths, Paradise Lost, Divine Comedy, Analects Of Confucius, Bhagavad Gita, Qur'an, Pirqe Aboth, Nihongi, Kojiki, Tao Te Ching and Chuang Tzu.

Having been an atheist most of my life and given that nearly everyone I know is atheist, I think I understand and respect where most of you are coming from. I don't believe in "converting" anyone to anything, but I do think the atheist tends to be mislead when it comes to the Bible. Not that that matters much, except for that I do enjoy, given the opportunity, to correct them in thoughtful and polite discussion and debate.

I hope we can have some interesting conversations.

Views: 3359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To say nothing of puppies and kittens.

I expect that some of these types of cats and dogs did not exist at the time of the supposed 'flood', but the point is taken. This seemed about as effective as some of the other animal protection commercials I have seen.

Well DONE!  

That is overall one of the best channels on Youtube, I heartily recommend it.

YouTube - DarkMatter2525's Channel

Then there's the problem of space. Two of every animal species on earth could not possibly fit into an ark. Even if they could, two animals are not a viable breeding population, so the species would have been doomed anyway. 

@David - Of course you can't. And then when I leave you react to that as well. Atheist forums are shinning examples of codependent personalities -

co-dependent personalities, and proud of it,that people from all over the world, are of like mind, but very different personalities - I am learning all about what makes Kenya tick, all about the tribulations of ex muslims and how strong women are in these patriarchal religious shite holes, and the men who support them, that is what makes us humans, there is even a cartoon and jokes page you might like to visit,it might lighten you up, and not be so serious and angry, it is not good for your health :)

There is a very big world out there, and it would be part of your education to find out about it, so do stay coming onto this site, and broaden your horizons, and find out, life is not just about religion. Now that would be a revelation :)

No,no, please stay - you reinforce why I am an Atheist - you, as all those christians before you, have never answered a question, lot of words, no truth or meaning, and how you, as typical of christians before you, fudge what you don't like in your bible, which you follow, then don't want to be called a christian. You may not want to call yourself a christian, but the last time I looked, people who believe in a god, and read the say, KJV of a bible, are called christian.
Sorry, reality of life :)

So what does 'codependency' mean to him?

If someone tells me that I should not 'feel' the way I do, or 'think' the way I do, or eat shell fish because it offends 'them', or 'they' condemn me to hell because for a long list of petty offences, what does say to you? If I do any of these, or more, inspite of 'them', am I co-dependent, or free man?

Anyone here have a working knowledge of the concept of 'co-dependency'? I am a little thin at 2:10am..LOL   

I woke up a 3 am, myself, and read and wrote stuff here. That might count as co-dependency?

I can't imagine any goup more codependent than Christians, with their multiple weekly meetings to reinforce each other's belief systems.

Or the daily gatherng of atheists, picking on the most recent theist that has volunteered to be the next meal! Don't get me wrong, after a life time of putting up with theist grandstanding, meanness, falt finding and general cursing to hell, it does seem that turn around is fair play.

I just can't find any 'place' to send the theists to. When we have paved hell over, pulled out the fence posts, kicked the gate down, and told satan to get a real job, it just looks like we are stuck with them. It could be worse, but I just can't bring myself to it. I am just trying to have a nice day...

@David - and the lovely David is just as angry as the usual run of he mill christians who come onto this site to show us the way - they give me my laugh for the day :)

Angry, tilting at imaginary windmills, battling with trolls and demons. Sadly the only ones he found had to be us, fellow humans... 

@David there are a lot of Atheists here against one - Dearest David, I am not 'against you' I just feel so sorry for you, and just want to pat you on the head and say, "Everything will be alright, there,there.'

RSS

Forum

The Cross

Started by Belle Rose in Religion and the Religious, Atheism and Atheists. Last reply by Davis Goodman 4 hours ago. 21 Replies

Help Think Atheist!

Started by David Smith in Theistic Arguments and Debate Help. Last reply by Simon Mathews 13 hours ago. 18 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by MikeLong 23 hours ago. 38 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service