Hello, everyone. I was an atheist until at the age of 27 I began to study the Bible in order to debunk it. I learned quickly that the Bible was grossly misrepresented by apostate Christendom's adoption of pagan teachings such as the immortal soul from Socrates, the trinity from Plato, the cross from Constantine, hell from Dante and Milton, Easter from Astarte, Christmas from the winter solstice celebrations, and most recently the Rapture from Darby.

Though I have never and will never be a part of organized religion, my beliefs are not entirely dissimilar to that of The Jehovah's Witnesses, due to the removal of the aforementioned pagan influence. I have studied briefly the history of the major world religions, Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Shintoism and Taoism and have published sacred and non-sacred texts from each of these online: The Dhammapada, Four Noble Truths, Paradise Lost, Divine Comedy, Analects Of Confucius, Bhagavad Gita, Qur'an, Pirqe Aboth, Nihongi, Kojiki, Tao Te Ching and Chuang Tzu.

Having been an atheist most of my life and given that nearly everyone I know is atheist, I think I understand and respect where most of you are coming from. I don't believe in "converting" anyone to anything, but I do think the atheist tends to be mislead when it comes to the Bible. Not that that matters much, except for that I do enjoy, given the opportunity, to correct them in thoughtful and polite discussion and debate.

I hope we can have some interesting conversations.

Views: 3386

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's "proto-bird," if you don't mind --

That's perfect but I think DH the Dodo Bird has left the building. :D

Hey D.H. you only got to page 5 before the "fuck you defense", damnit man I was pulling for you to last a bit longer. Sad. :(

4Wikipedia: Year 4 was a common year starting on Wednesday or a leap year starting on Tuesday of the Julian calendar and a leap year starting on Tuesday of the Proleptic Julian calendar.

"You define your mother to me and I will define my God to you."

I have two different definitions of mother. The one is the biological, the person who kept me through gestation and gave birth to me. The other one is the social, the person who acted as my maternal guardian throughout my upbringing. 

Now define your god.

Can I define Atheism? Yes. The nonsensical denial in the existence of a god or gods.

You say there's a God. I ask for evidence. You have none. So I don't believe you. 

That's not denial. I cannot deny your evidence because you haven't provided any.

You say there's a God. I ask for evidence. You have none. So I don't believe you. 

That's not denial. I cannot deny your evidence because you haven't provided any.

That is far too easy. Lets say I were a traveler on the open prehistoric grasslands, starving. Cold. Hungry. I stumble upon a dried heaping gob of bovine excrement. There is fuel for my fire for warmth and protection from the snarling beasts prior to the cell phone. Beneath it there is an abundance of creeping creatures to satiate thine hunger.

Knowing that a god is anything mighty in the eyes of the beholder this formerly warmer pile of feces is proclaimed by me to be GOD!

Who the fuck do you think you are to deny that? It is a bit late and beside the point. Not to mention stupid and wrong.

This shit is God.

It is the most amusing difficulty of the atheist to grasp this simple obtuse fact.

I don't believe in Zeus. Zeus is myth. Zeus most probably never existed in any real form. Zeus is a god.

How dumb do you have to be to argue with that?

Well, isn't that painfully obvious.

Do you have a better explanation for it?

By the way. About 6 of my most important posts, threads that I have started have been wasted on this forum. Keep that shit up moderators. Lame.

Did a moderator give you a message about this? If not, it is fairly unlikely a moderator was responsible.

I expect that 'perfect knowledge', 'wisdom', 'love', 'the holy ghost', and 'the trinity' also... 

That is far too easy.

That's it, David. That's all it is. 

Lets say I were a traveler on the open prehistoric grasslands, starving. Cold. Hungry. I stumble upon a dried heaping gob of bovine excrement. There is fuel for my fire for warmth and protection from the snarling beasts prior to the cell phone. Beneath it there is an abundance of creeping creatures to satiate thine hunger.

Okay. 

Knowing that a god is anything mighty in the eyes of the beholder this formerly warmer pile of feces is proclaimed by me to be GOD!

Earlier, you mentioned the nonsensical? But have it your way. 

Your claims? A god is anything mighty. The feces is god.

What evidence do you have? None. So I don't believe you.  

Same tune. Different dance.

Who the fuck do you think you are to deny that? It is a bit late and beside the point. Not to mention stupid and wrong.

Burden of proof, David. Tell me you've built a better mouse trap, found a cure for cancer, or discovered life on Mars. I say great. Show me.

If you produce the mouse trap, cancer cure, or Martians, and I refuse to admit the truth of it, that's denial. If you are unable or unwilling to produce them, you've failed to present your case, so there's nothing to deny. As Hitchens once put it: claims presented without evidence may be dismissed without evidence.  

Here's a bit of advice: the personal insults aren't evidence either.  

This shit is God. 

It is the most amusing difficulty of the atheist to grasp this simple obtuse fact.

I haven't failed to grasp the "fact" of cowshit theism, you've simply failed to establish it as one. 

I don't believe in Zeus. Zeus is myth. Zeus most probably never existed in any real form. Zeus is a god.

Agreed. I too, don't believe Zeus ever existed except in the imagination. The same goes for Jehovah and for the same reason: lack of evidence.

How dumb do you have to be to argue with that?

I don't know. But I suppose you'll keep arguing with it anyway.

I'm a bit disappointed, GM - he started out so strongly, I expected to finally see something, but much like a fallen quiche, once the hot air is gone, the rest is pretty much a flabby mess --

@David Henson

For a guy who has been defending his faith online for 17 years (supposedly) but doesn't know the meaning of the firmament, or of deist, or the fallacy behind the name Jehova - you really have a lot of nerve questioning the intelligence of others.  Given how little you've learned in your claimed history of debating I find it amazing that your literacy level allows you to process more than one post here per day.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

Analyzing Ferguson

Started by Unseen in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Dr. Bob 1 hour ago. 8 Replies

The Movie Kiss: Romance or Rape?

Started by Unseen in Society. Last reply by Unseen 1 hour ago. 65 Replies

"Probably won't report".....

Started by Belle Rose in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 3 hours ago. 19 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Erock68la 4 hours ago. 63 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service