So I have a sleight issue. I am an Atheist and my girlfriend is a Catholic (her mom is kind of hardcore). Any time that the issue of religion comes up I can't really say anything without getting the "stop attacking my faith" line out of her. It is really starting to agrivate me because I try to be as respecful as possible, but to no avail. I really do love her and want to resolve this somehow, what do I do?

Tags: Girlfriend, advice, atheism, catholicism, christianity, conflict, faith, help, relationship, religion

Views: 690

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sam

I'm wondering if a lot of the time people talk about 'their religion" in terms of  their baptism and not so much what they practice.

I could say that I am Greek Orthodox because thats how im baptized but I dont practice it.

I get on well with religious people because in the end we all want the same things. We all want peace.  I had a great conversation in the street today with a man who was carrying a really nice stained glass window. It had some religious icons on it and that got me talking and asking questions. He identified himsef as a Christian an I an atheist and we had a really good chat.  Its just the hardcore ones I have a problem with and Im sure that you have a problem with them ones too, so we are pretty much the same. We should be helping each other really and not arguing about 2000 year old rules.

Sam - are you Christian? I thought you were and I wrote that post as if you were but if your not - ooops sorry :/

I am not religious at all. I am about as Atheist as they come :)

lol

but you know what i mean?

Tell her that while you respect her beliefs, they are not your beliefs,and that you would like to leave it at that.

RSS

Events

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service