So I have a sleight issue. I am an Atheist and my girlfriend is a Catholic (her mom is kind of hardcore). Any time that the issue of religion comes up I can't really say anything without getting the "stop attacking my faith" line out of her. It is really starting to agrivate me because I try to be as respecful as possible, but to no avail. I really do love her and want to resolve this somehow, what do I do?

Tags: Girlfriend, advice, atheism, catholicism, christianity, conflict, faith, help, relationship, religion

Views: 681

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anyone who would give up their dog or cat for a mere romantic relationship is probably a sociopath. Human relationships involve bonds that are easily broken. Your pet will be your friend forever.

Ramen.  I've always said that I like animals more than people. 

Am I being particularly dense this morning? I totally don't get the Ramen reference, unless it's your pet's name. 

It's an FSM reference, with "Ramen" taking the place of the much overused "Amen."

Somehow, saying "Amen" to your statement on an Atheist website seemed disingenuous. :~}

@Sam

I bet you're sorry you even asked, but this is your chance to grow up a bit and see how adults with some experience under their belts view life and love and decide if it's time for you to mature a little bit.

Not at all! I like having people who have more experience in a particular area of life tell me about it. I find it all helpful.

Both of us believe that our kids shouldn't be baptized unless they make that decision later in life, in which case I would be supportive (and my then wife would be too obviously). But we would be together in saying that our kids wont be baptized as children. Thanks for your insight :)

Can you talk about money?

Can you talk about sex?

Will you clean the toilet?

"Will you clean the toilet?"

HA! Will SHE clean the toilet? I've never had a partner who would. They tend to believe the TV commercials, hold their nose, turn away, and squirt in some magic "whitening" liquid. It's always up to me to get down on my hands and knees and scrub it - the ONLY way to get it clean.

Good On You Mike ... : )

do i detect a slight touch of OCD there?

Lol. You couldn't be more wrong. In fact, to even suggest it, I've got to guess that you yourself are a nose-holding toilet cleaner. :-)

In my sons bathroom, Im a breath holding - eye closing - bleach attacker.

In fact Ive always though that putting toilets inside the house was a silly idea and in bedrooms - the ensuite -  ridiculous idea. ewwwww

RSS

Forum

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk 7 minutes ago. 0 Replies

Is There Any Ex-Mennonites or Ex-Amish On This Site?

Started by Jessica Miller in Advice. Last reply by Physeter 31 minutes ago. 25 Replies

Torture Report release today

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Gregg R Thomas 1 hour ago. 107 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Belle Rose 2 hours ago. 18 Replies

Blog Posts

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Finally, a cool billboard in Arkansas!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 8:21am 2 Comments

Atheist Sites

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service