Just introducing myself.

I'm Eddie Miles. I am an aspiring political philosopher and an increasingly open atheist. I grew up in small towns and at one point in my life, I literally thought that I was the only person in the world who couldn't bring myself to believe in god. It was a pretty lonely existence until I grew up and moved out. I Now find myself in the middle of what could be the most important social movement ever conceived.

I just finished a book entitled Unchained: A Step By Step Guide to Being Free in which I first challenge the common conceptions of what it means to be free, then show how intellectualism and a rational outlook toward knowledge can bring the world to lasting freedom. I plan to distribute my book (as well as other similar books, t-shirts, bumper stickers, etc.) through a multilevel marketing company with the intention of creating a cultural acceptance of the intellectual way of life. I'm currently looking for investors to get it off the ground.

I'm also married to the best wife a man could ask for. She is very understanding and patient with my late night writing sessions. We are hoping to begin trying for a child as soon as the book is published and selling.

Within a few years, I would like to get into politics. First local, then state. My goal is to work on reforming the education system in my home state. I feel that as atheists, education is our best friend and we need to ensure that all of our children are learning critical thinking skills, logic, skepticism, etc. In most states, the public schools are already supposed to be teaching these skills, but they rarely do.

Anyway, that's about all I can say about myself. I hope to make some friends here who are as committed to positive change in the world as I am.

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heya Eddie, welcome to the site!

Sounds like an interesting book, when are you planning to begin distribution?
Well, I'm currently searching for an investor to get it started. I don't personally have the money to get the copies made. I will hopefully be started within a few months.
I'm sure many of us here would love to read your book when it becomes available. Welcome to the site! :-)
Welcome to T|A! Also, your book sounds pretty interesting.

RSS

© 2022   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service