I've seen much of this going on as of late- and Christians are most often the culprit.
They willfully ignore the first amendment just to bully and push their way into our secular law.
Most of them don't even know that it exists!
They rage and scream over the removal of prayer from public school and the word god from the pledge- they insist that it's a violation of the religious freedom....when in REALITY, it's exactly the opposite!
They cry about how our founding fathers were all Christians, and how we were founded upon Christian ideals, when the truth is actually illuminated in the Treaty of Tripoli, here:

From the Treaty with Tripoli, 1796:
"… the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion."

What can be done to get these people to listen and actually OBEY our laws?
The very laws that we were founded upon!

I deeply respect other peoples' rights to practice whatever religion they please, but they don't bother to do the same for atheists and other religions.

When will the majorities' theocratic tyranny come to an end?

Tags: and, church, of, separation, state

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the scary thing is, that "human laws" don't apply to them in some circumstances in their minds. They believe that their God's laws are above society's.
It is truly amazing how many people who profess a desire to honor the Founding Fathers' intentions are completely oblivious of them.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Forum

Christian to Atheist. My Testimony.

Started by Toby Briggs in Welcome to Think Atheist. Last reply by captain kingsway 48 minutes ago. 1 Reply

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service