I'm starting to see ignorance on both sides of the line. Atheists and religious people. Personally I just want people to understand my point of view and not make me believe in something. I understand their side why cant they understand mine. And why cant some atheists understand theirs? We dont have to change them. Just make them understand our point of view. So don't be so harsh on them. They just need false hope to get them through their day. Have them understand your point of view but dont make them change who they are. Dont be ignorant to how they think. Because just so you know. Theres always the smallest possibility that we're wrong. The possibility of them being wrong is way bigger but there is still the slight possiblity that we're wrong. So just remember this before you go all crazy over someone saying God bless america or something like that. it's been a saying for the longest time I dont think its gonna change right away.

Thank you

Comments?

Tags: Ignorance

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To say that "there is a possibility" that we're wrong means you are not atheist and that you are agnostic. To even have that remote possibility in your logic means one is not atheist.
Sassan Psychology Major? :>)
yuppp

sorry Sassan , but this is incorrect.  Agnostics are actually Atheists.  If you don't answer 'yes' to the question 'Do you believe in a God or Gods' , then you are an Atheist.  

Atheism doesn't mean you are 100% certain.  

I simply disagree. Some on these boards have claimed you can still believe in "reincarnation", "ghosts", or "energy transfer" of some sort and still be atheist. They are playing with semantics. I just don't consider that person a real atheist and I don't think the vast majority of atheists would consider them anything of an atheist. In the case if someone says "we might be wrong"; that still means this individual has an irrational belief system and does not have a belief system based on rationality, logic, and evidence.
I simply disagree that 2 + 2 = 4  then :P
You are confusing skepticism with atheism and both with dogmatism.

Saying we do not know does not mean we believe in ghosts or reincarnation.

If you are an atheist by saying that, "presented with all the facts and evidence I do believe in god or gods at this point in time" and you further qualify by saying "you simple do not have all the answers" this does not mean you are not an atheist. This is not the same thing as saying I may or may not believe in god or gods, then yes, you are not an atheist but a pure agnostic.

I am saying is that other members of this forum claimed in previous threads that believing in "spirits" or "energies" does not mean you are not atheist.

Believing in things like spirits, energy, astrology, bigfoot, alien abductions, endless conspiracy theories and supernatural claims means you are not much of a skeptic, but in no way does it prevent you from lacking belief in a god. If you disagree with that, then you don't understand the definition of atheism or the difference between skepticism, atheism, and agnosticism as several others have now pointed out to you. You don't seem to be listening.

Some people come to atheism for emotional reasons, or lose their belief in god before losing belief in other claims that are not based on evidence. If this is the case, at least they have their foot out of the door and are on the way to skepticism and rational thinking. Theists play the no true Scotsman game. I refuse to. It's better to help them along on their journey instead of arguing over whether or not they're a "real atheist".

When you are talking about the unknowable the possibility of it is rational but not probable, to allow for that position is rational.

I've always had my fingers crossed for a meeting with that unicorn, and I don't even care what color it is! There might even be more than one? Well, perhaps on another planet, anyway.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 8 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service