If you don't believe in God, can you say why in a single sentence or phrase?

For me it's two words...Birth Defects.

Tags: God, atheism, religion

Views: 3360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i was using it as an intensive to express doubt.....

There's obvious, overwhelming evidence that humans around the world and throughout history just prefer to believe whatever their local culture (or their conquerors) traditionally believe.

"I could list a large number of things, but I won't bother, since you won't support your position either." In response to pretty much any apologetic argument.

I'm not a fool.

This is significantly shorter than 'I am not a crook!'

Now, in hindsight, I do remember my young fredgling intellectual days, trying to make sence out of the 'god concept'.

How would a mind 'work' without some physical structure to support it? Is a biological analogue for a 'mind' the only one possible?

How would such a 'mind' create/perform actions on matter and energy, how does it do 'work'?

How does this 'mind' store information or create memory?

Does this 'mind' only show interest in this planet, and not others? If so, why the interest? What is so special about Earth?

If 'god' is so powerful, what would hold it back from settling the human fate 'NOW!' given it's perfect knowledge.  

If 'god' created everything, then why are some things considered 'sacred' and others 'secular'? Why would such a 'mind' catagorize?

The incredible size and nature of the universe, coupled with the ignorant bigotry and inherent contradictions of religious texts, and laced with our understanding of evolution, make a nonsense of any possible conception of the existence of an engaged deity.

No hard evidence.

Science

There is no credible or consistent reason to believe in any supernatural being(s).

Because "God" is a ridiculous, inane, illogical, irrational, unreasonable, patently absurd proposition.

Just because I don't understand it, it doesn't mean its magic.

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 3 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 5 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service