If you are a non- believer, why be moral when no one is looking?

If you are a non- believer in, all that you do is being recorded in the heavens, why be moral when no one is looking?

If there are no records and no witness, why not do anything you want?

If no one sees you do it, then is it a deed not done?

If all of this is true, then why do we have a conscience, where did it come.

We are told in scriptures that our conscience is our natural way of doing God's will in the absence of his Law.

Views: 3531

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

IMAO, please read the above.!

@Michael.

Utter bullshit!  

Your ignorance of the basics of biological science continue to amaze me.  For your version of god's sake, at least do some professional level reading on the subject.  Some one with a BS in biology who makes it clear that they do not understand the mechanism of evolution or where the concept of "survival of the fittest" intersects with it would be an embarrassment to any university with a biology department with any kind of international reputation. 

The more you punch your keyboard on this topic the more skeptical I am that you have received any tertiary education in biology at all, at least not from any respectable university.

If you are as smart as you seem to think you are then it should be a trivial task for you to read and assimilate the lay person's guide to evolution as described by real scientists over at talkorigin.com    I can only guess why you do not have this level or understanding and why you appear to steadfastly refuse to upgrade your understanding to this basic level.

What a bombastic cacophony of condescending nonsense Prof. 

On all point you are off your academic rocker. 

First and forthwith and for the last time. There is absolutely no evidence that lower forms have evolved a conscience as we know it. You can buffalo and brow beat to the cows come in. Put up the citations that prove your point or shut up!

In essence Divinity is human attributes on steroids. The question therefore is, does Divinity exist or is it simply a myth amplification of human attributes. 

Relevance to this conversation???

Repeatedly stating that god creating conscience will not make it true.

Also, if your god created conscience then why is there so much hatred, violence & other detestable things in your bible?

I raised the point here, but you dodged it. Why do you not reply to that?

Also, here's a video about some, just some of the horrible things in the bible - 

Don't you think its hypocritical of you to talk about conscience while not answering questions about the horrible things in your holy book?

Actually Akshay, I think all the violence, murder, rape and corruption is the strongest evidence that there is in fact a Judeo-Christian god. He's the kind of a prick that would do things that way.

"Repeatedly stating that god creating conscience will not make it true."

One of my philosophy profs referred to that practice as "attempted proof by repetition."

Of course not, it is true.

I am moral because it is how I am designed. Emotions evolved in my mind, one of those is empathy, and, as such, I maintain my morality because I can imagine how others would feel if I did not, and I don't particularly like the idea of causing anyone else to feel that way. 

You are god all to yourself, well done.

Huh?  First, what do you mean?  Second, what is your objective proof?

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

The Movie Kiss: Romance or Rape?

Started by Unseen in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 33 minutes ago. 54 Replies

What a ride!

Started by Strass Strass in Small Talk 5 hours ago. 0 Replies

What is the Destiny of Intelligence?

Started by Roy Plisko in Philosophy. Last reply by _Robert_ 12 hours ago. 82 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service