If you are a non- believer, why be moral when no one is looking?

If you are a non- believer in, all that you do is being recorded in the heavens, why be moral when no one is looking?

If there are no records and no witness, why not do anything you want?

If no one sees you do it, then is it a deed not done?

If all of this is true, then why do we have a conscience, where did it come.

We are told in scriptures that our conscience is our natural way of doing God's will in the absence of his Law.

Views: 3509

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

a conscience of which I contend is created by God

I contend that belief in God was created by (Stone Age) human conscience.

"which I contend": no one cares what you contend. What matters is what you can demonstrate.

+1

Michael, Michael, Michael,

Dude I have been reading through this thread. You have mastered the copy and paste commands quite well. Your repetition grows wearisome to we free thinkers. The perplexing enigma is your inability to grasp the concepts of social interaction among higher level mammalia. Go back to school and bone up on social psychology.

Better question:

When you're religious and believe you'll be forgiven no matter what you do, why be moral?

+1

Always bothered me...knowing how many ruthless, two-faced "christians" were in my community, I wondered if any of them used this 'catch' to feel 'safe.'  I think it's a life strategy for managing sin that some people develop...Jesus as the get out of jail for free card.

Also, if god dictates what is moral and not, then what action can't be justified with god's will?

History has shown time again that there is really nothing that can't be justified by divine command. The Bible itself contains just about every atrocity and crime imaginable. Often ordered or executed by god himself.

Ah yes, brilliant. "Might aswell rape and torture kids because afterwards I can just get on my knees and Jeebus will make it all better again."

Maybe that is why most Christian are hypocrites and are not righteous at all.

No, that would be to simple. There are darker reasons, I believe, hypocrisy is pervasive in Judeo-Christianity in practice.

Maybe that is why most Christian are hypocrites and are not righteous at all.

No, that would be to simple. There are darker reasons, I believe, hypocrisy is pervasive in Judeo-Christianity in practice.

The urge to be socially positive is generally very well developed in most social animals. There is no reason to suppose humans are much different. Also, what exactly is it I am going to be doing "when no one is looking" that is so evil and so alluring? Exposing my dick to the cat? Sometimes I think these questions are formulated in diseased minds.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 0 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service