If you are a non- believer, why be moral when no one is looking?

If you are a non- believer in, all that you do is being recorded in the heavens, why be moral when no one is looking?

If there are no records and no witness, why not do anything you want?

If no one sees you do it, then is it a deed not done?

If all of this is true, then why do we have a conscience, where did it come.

We are told in scriptures that our conscience is our natural way of doing God's will in the absence of his Law.

Views: 3515

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Rosemary, you are doing a superb job in trying to bring light to the Stygian darkness of a Catholic education.  My compliments.  Michaels failure to grasp that he got screwed out of whatever money he paid Gannon isn't your fault.  75 years ago, as a child, I realized that the stuff I was taught in Catechism classes were 'just stories'.

Thank you, William.

If Michael was once Catholic I doubt that he is now.  He seems to be involved with some kind of anti-Catholic doomsday group.

This age shall close with the thousand years of peace.

"They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea."

@Michael.

There is no good reason why anyone here should believe that the Book of Revelation is any more divinely inspired than the Gospel of Judas or any other religious book written in the Levant or the Middle East before the 4th Century CE. 

There is no reason to believe that your unique interpretation of this book is divine or inspired or infallible. 

For 2000 years, history bares me out. 

Fundamentalist fail to see that they are part of the problem and not the cure, for they are Trinitarians also and as such, have drunken from her cup of Abominations. And the Rites have persecuted non-Trinitarians through death and torture of the Inquisitions. Many True Christian martyrs died under the auspices of the Grand Inquisitors. (Orthodoxy imposed by Byzantium is less well known, but the same impact as the Inquisitions)

Bares you out?

The only way that statement could be true would be if History bares you of the naked truth of such ignorant things as end time prophecy.

2000 years of history is nothing to sneeze at from a human perspective nor is the 1000 years of peace to come. 

Keep smoking that pipe dude ;)

This reads like some partisan put-down of a rival Christian faction. 

It seems to me that all factions have a poor history of keeping to the verifiable facts. They all fail to curb their vivid imaginations.  They all fail to make sense to outsiders whose brains have not been contaminated or primed to uncritically accept emotionally based convictions and un-evidenced claims.

You seem to have quoted something out of context (again) and without acknowledging its source.  That's plagiarism.

Without contextual information there is no way to know what the author considers to be The Problem or what s/he considers to be The Cure.  There is no good reason for you to think that I, or any other readers,  would accept the author's assumptions, reasoning or conclusions about these things.  Is that why you failed to include them? 

Zealous ranting about how your beliefs are true without providing any supporting evidence save more raving is not going to convince anyone, Michael.

And thus far, history no more supports you than it supports those claiming that everything has been predicted by Nostradamus or the Mayan calendar.

"It has been fifty and six years since I read the Apocalypse and I then considered it the ravings of a maniac".  Thomas Jefferson                                    "2,000 years of Disbelief"  by James Haught

Good O' Thomas Jefferson is a statue in front of our subdivision, how ironic.

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service