If you are a non- believer, why be moral when no one is looking?

If you are a non- believer in, all that you do is being recorded in the heavens, why be moral when no one is looking?

If there are no records and no witness, why not do anything you want?

If no one sees you do it, then is it a deed not done?

If all of this is true, then why do we have a conscience, where did it come.

We are told in scriptures that our conscience is our natural way of doing God's will in the absence of his Law.

Views: 3519

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

How disgusting to fornicate.

So if & when you get married, you will find fornication with your husband disgusting? Something that needs to be done just to have kids.

What a lucky guy

Its alright her slavemaster wont really care what she finds disgusting.

This made me giggle.

Have you analyzed the book "A doll's house"?

Pure made up stuff based on a made up set of holy books.

Defining your identity as a woman on a man is a recipe for disaster in relationships.

Abusive, mysogynistic, and womanizing men actively seek out weak women who have no individual identity. The reason being is that they will see such a woman as a prime target for control and victimizing.

A strong woman with an independent mind and personality may not be popular among "manly men" but then... do you REALLY want to be with a man that would make you a shadow of a human being?

Finding your own voice as a woman is liberating, and the men that are drawn to a strong, independent woman are more likely to respect and love her.

Jesus promised an end to all wicked people. Odin promised an end to all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around.

Score 1 for Odin.

{Insert large sized Chuckle about here}

michael i have to say that your statement "Animals do not evolve a conscience in a survival of the fittest scheme." is an ignorant one. A little more study of the culture of other animals on your part would clear this up for you. Yes other animals have culture just as people do. They pass knowledge down through generations just as people do. Not every animal is capable of this, but animals with higher intelligence, such as elephants, gorillas, chimpanzees, whales, killer whales, dolphins and many more. I am not a biologist so am not capable of siting them all. but these animals pass knowledge down through generations that keep them alive. chimpanzees have a very intricate culture that includes a kind of morality. morality that makes sense to them, as do wolves. do a little research you will see that animals that operate in a social group develop rules that allow them to stay in these groups without... hell i don't know, i guess what you would call anarchy. Humans have their version of morality, and so does the rest of the animal kingdom. Once again your question has an answer, you probably don't need to look any further than animal planet to figure it out. 

Are some Atheist just evolving into rude people  always prefacing or ending their rebuttal with a rude remark then proceed to arm wave without supporting evidence?

When you are continually willfully neglecting to accept any of the substantial amount of evidence provided people stop taking you seriously and start treating you like an idiot.

If you want to be treated with respect you first have to earn it.

Arms waves and insults are not evidence. You should know better with your 3.9 GPA that is less than mind. ;)

RSS

Forum

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 28 minutes ago. 44 Replies

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Simon Paynton 31 minutes ago. 4 Replies

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Cato Rigas 3 hours ago. 5 Replies

Genesis 3 - Quality Propaganda

Started by Aiken Drums Sister in Politics 6 hours ago. 0 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service