If you are a non- believer, why be moral when no one is looking?

If you are a non- believer in, all that you do is being recorded in the heavens, why be moral when no one is looking?

If there are no records and no witness, why not do anything you want?

If no one sees you do it, then is it a deed not done?

If all of this is true, then why do we have a conscience, where did it come.

We are told in scriptures that our conscience is our natural way of doing God's will in the absence of his Law.

Views: 3507

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

The Old Testament is "the law.

So you condone keeping slaves & using female slaves for sex?

Women captured by Israelite armies could be adopted forcibly as wives, but first they had to have their heads shaved and undergo a period of mourning. (Deuteronomy 21:10-14)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_slavery#Sexual_and_conju...

Also, you seem to equate slavery with employment. And it baffles me that anyone could condone slavery. You must either be really twisted or highly deluded.

What's more unbelievable is that she's black and condoning slavery. O_o

I am baffled beyond belief. 

You seriously just said that slave and master relationships are a good and godly thing?

How is OWNING another human being, for any purpose what so ever, harmonious, respectful (mutually or self), or godly in any way shape or form?

Good response. Like Stephen, I was so baffled I also didn't know how to respond.

I think we've now seen one of the best examples ever of the destructive nature of religious dogma. "Divine" rules trump common sense and social progress.

Unbelievable !  

Listen to yourself, girl.  Do you really think what you just said is an example of positive moral thought?

Your religious beliefs have clearly warped you in horrific ways. 

Again as you have done in other threads. We understand what you believe. 

What we as atheists just cant fathom is WHY in the 21st century you continue to believe in this nonsense any more then greek theology?

I'd prefer Greek theology to be true, rather than christian one, that is if I had to choose. The Greek gods were cooler, they would mingle & occasionally have sex with the odd human. The christian god seems like a prick with poison ivy growing up his ass. Also, why does the christian god have to be male. Never understood it. They are so much into creationism, it would make sense for their god to be female.

According to recent archeological evidence, the Yahweh god (of the Old Testament) has a wife (Aserath or similar name) who was also worshipped by the Jews in antiquity. 

Are you telling me that you believe that your god's wife was merged into his being to become the One True God? 

Are you aware that the Yahweh god (the main Bible god) existed in other middle eastern cultures and mythologies before the Jewish people elected  him as their exclusive divine property.  Are you aware that there are two differently named gods that the Bible says invented the universe and the earth? 

Really? It's not sexist at all to say that a woman needs a man to lead her around?

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 0 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 4 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service