If you are a non- believer, why be moral when no one is looking?

If you are a non- believer in, all that you do is being recorded in the heavens, why be moral when no one is looking?

If there are no records and no witness, why not do anything you want?

If no one sees you do it, then is it a deed not done?

If all of this is true, then why do we have a conscience, where did it come.

We are told in scriptures that our conscience is our natural way of doing God's will in the absence of his Law.

Views: 3563

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Arm waving with no evidence.

Is that Biology degree from Liberty University? Baptist Bible College? Or do you disagree with the foundation upon which your Biology degree rests?

There is no dearth of transitional species. There are no missing links but in evolution, consistency, not gaps.
Not being a bee or an ant does not qualify you to ascertain whether there is a conscience (again undefined) at work or not. There are many misinformed biologists and engineers who are practicing today, notably Francis Collins,Anthony Flew, and Stephen Jay Gould, however disciplined and accepted for their work. Ignorance is not the province of non-academics. Many "qualified" academics have been wrong over time. This is the nature of science.

"There is no dearth of transitional species. There are no missing links but in evolution, consistency, not gaps."

Unfortunately your statement is not factual. However if you have a reference please provide one. 

lol... where's your biology degree from? Liberty University? XD

How do you explain the godly Xtian societies that have actually harbored anarchy & vandalism with blood literally running in the streets? You know, the original Vandals were actually Xtian, having been converted a generation or more before they sacked Rome. How do you explain the social herds of elephants with mothers who will care for calves not their own, and who obviously mourn the death of their friends?

I contend that most Xtians are not righteous at all but rather hypocrites.

Jewish hypocrisy at the advent of Christ has translated into global Judeo-Christian hypocrisy and a planet on the verge of disaster as a consequence.

So: being a Christian does not make you more moral. What's the point then? 

Also: nice bit of anti-semitism there. You show your colours...

Statement of fact that transcends where you are rooted in the bible. You are trying to read between the lines to put me in a bad light  to prove your point but you are coming up empty. 

There is no need to try to cast you in a bad light. Your own words reveal you to be not very bright, and willfully ignorant. Your contention that most Xtians are hypocrites is probably true, but do you have the authority to determine who is a "real" Xtian, or are you just using the "no true Scottsman" fallacy to support your faulty argument?

To understand that most Xtians are hypocrites actually makes me brilliant. I will give you simple rules that are invariant. The truth never advertises and asks money, never abides in a multimillion dollar edifice. Never has a picture of the pastors face posted everywhere. Never solicits for money. Never sits on it's fanny all day Sunday to proceed to do nothing at all for the poor, the hungry and the widows in their afflictions unless they are proselytized into their congregation.

Hahaha! I know, I know.. anecdotal experience is NOT evidence..

But still. 

You make me laugh. 

I'm a law breaking atheist. 

I laugh at the war on drugs because I know it is a war on social class. 

I also break these laws as often and as diligently as possible, because i feel it is my civic duty to do so. 

Ok. That's not exactly true. 

I mostly just like 'em! :)

Stealing? Nope. I don't want anyone to steal from me.

Murder? Been tempted to a few times, but so far so good.

Fuck, man. I even pay my library fines on time. (Yes. I do use our community library for my pleasure reading. My textbooks and everything else is all digital, though.) You know why I pay my library fines on time? Not because I think god is watching. 

But because I like having a godamned library. 

I LIKE the fact that I can request a book be put on hold, even if it is IN my own branch just so I don't actually have to go all the way in, I just pull it under my name on the hold shelf. 

Do you think they could afford to pay people to go fetch that book and put it on the shelf if people didn't pay their fines? No. They couldn't. So I do! I even feel bad when I keep a book overdue because I know how annoyed I get when my shit isn't on time, so there!

You know what I don't do?

I don't stone gays and lesbians. 

I make friends with them. 

I think the more love there is in this world, the better off we are. In the very least the environment will be more pleasant when I am in it. At least in my opinion. Quite frankly, I don't care how you shape the world. If it's by hate and rage, then that must mean you are just more comfortable in a world that is filled by hate and rage. Whatever floats your boat, man. That's just not for me. Know why?

Cus I'm an atheist, so it's not my moral duty to be. No one gives a shit if I hug a tranny while she cries because she feels ugly. -Because people have TAUGHT HER TO FEEL UGLY.

I don't have some deity making up rules about who I'm supposed to hate. 

I'm a stoner. 

I'm a stoner and a nerd and a hot girl in my twenties.

Who has traveled the world, lived abroad, become one of the elite divers in the world and plan on devoting my life to rescue work to save my fellow human beings. 

Because I have a talent. 

And that talent means I have an obligation. 

Take a look at your life, mate.

What the fuck have you done to make the world a better place?

For a religion of 'love' all I have EVER seen in it is division and tribalistic violence.

No thanks.

I'm cool over here accepting people for who they are as long as they are not harming anyone else.  

You know what dictates my morals?

Not the law of man. 

Not the fear of dogmatic consequences. 

But simple logic.

I don't want to live in a shitty world, so I try not to make it a shitty world. 

And you folks need a thousand page tome to figure it out?

Ha!

RSS

Blog Posts

Creationists Dispute

Posted by Fouad on December 24, 2014 at 7:26am 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service