If you are a non- believer, why be moral when no one is looking?

If you are a non- believer in, all that you do is being recorded in the heavens, why be moral when no one is looking?

If there are no records and no witness, why not do anything you want?

If no one sees you do it, then is it a deed not done?

If all of this is true, then why do we have a conscience, where did it come.

We are told in scriptures that our conscience is our natural way of doing God's will in the absence of his Law.

Views: 3507

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Michael... the driver of evolution is Natural Selection.

And random genetic drift

Coupled with gene copying mistakes.

Don't you think it's rather bold to just state that "all men are driven by dark desires"?

There are few natural born saints among us everyone can be seduced if put in the room with the right person without strong moral will power.

I hate to admit it, but the fear of AIDS kepted me in line more than anything else, regardless of how alluring she was. I don't believe in condoms, since they are not 100% safe. 

My friend, you have a problem that is often encountered in would-be intelligent young people: good software - no data.

Condoms are not 100% safe so you don't believe in them? Are you suggesting that unprotected sex is 100% safe? Follow the logic of what you say and you'll cross the street and get hit by a truck because traffic signals aren't 100% reliable.

Come out of the darkness my friend. Look at things with an open mind and with the light of reason turned on. Look at the evil and power struggles endemic to religion and flee. And stop reading God's Big Book of Bad Ideas. There are so many better books. In fact, there are few that are worse.

Find the "peace that passes all understanding" in understanding. You can, ya know. You've been lured into thinking a lot of ridiculous stuff by those with an interest in keeping you ignorant. But there are those of us without an agenda for you beyond wanting you, and all people, to be free of ignorance and the chains binding you. Knowledge will make those unbreakable links dissolve like sugar in water. 

What I meant was abstinence is the only 100% effective way of not receiving AIDS. So if you don't believe in Condoms, don't do it. 

This is still an incorrect statement.

Abstinence from infected with HIV is 100% effective. 

Total abstinence is not required. Just being a responsible human being with your partners.

I once saw a sign that advertised:  AIDS FOR THE DISABLED.  I don't think abstinence was a requirement for assistance.

I think those aids go in your ear. Im pretty sure ear copulation is low on the aids risk scale.

I don't think that applies to the TIOLETING AIDS.  Wrong hole.

HIV infected blood or semen going into ur ear...I think you would have a fairly high risk there actually.

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 0 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 4 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service