If you are a non- believer, why be moral when no one is looking?

If you are a non- believer in, all that you do is being recorded in the heavens, why be moral when no one is looking?

If there are no records and no witness, why not do anything you want?

If no one sees you do it, then is it a deed not done?

If all of this is true, then why do we have a conscience, where did it come.

We are told in scriptures that our conscience is our natural way of doing God's will in the absence of his Law.

Views: 3563

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

You have misread the beginning of the thread. go back to square one and don't pass go without understanding what I am saying.

I think you're right.  Why else is this guy copying and pasting the same nonsensical response, instead of replying to the points raised by people's posts?  And referring someone to your OP does not prove a point.  I'm done with this. 

The amusing - but deluded - sub plot here is that somehow believers are more moral than those who reject belief.  After all, surely if that's what the book says, tghe believers would do it, rioght?  Otherwise either they are hypocrites, or god gives no help to follow his rules, or perhaps the believers don't really believe?

Well, let's see

Incorrect, Judeo-Christian hypocrisy is rampant  and is consuming the planet.

I believe this is  thematic of the prophecies contained in the Revelation. 

If conscience is our natural way of doing "god's will", what do we need god for?

Notions of God cause immoral behavior-the subjugation of women, killing homosexuals, flying planes into buildings, bombing buildings in Norway, war, genocide, etc.

Judeo-Christian hypocrisy is rampant  and is consuming the planet.

I believe this is  thematic of the prophecies contained in the Revelation. 

Because I would know. 

This is no different than when some guy comes up to me and asks me to hook up with them. I tell them no, I'm not interested and engaged to be married. Their replies are predictably stupid. "He doesn't have to know". Yes, but I would and that alone is enough.

I don't need a God nor a promise of reward to go make sandwiches for the homeless that I pass out every Friday. Nor to donate money to Sciences, Children funds, or Animal Shelters. I do these things because I want to, not because I have to.

You are euphemistically referring to your conscience of which I still contend was imbued by God.

There is no mechanism in evolution given survival of the fittest as a driver. Thus the question is still begged, where did it come from.

Hi Michael,

You've repeated several times that you 'contend' conscience was put in us by god.  We've got that.  As you present no evidence for your 'hypotheis' (that's being generous) why should we care what you 'contend'?

Please do realise: this has been discussed ad-nauseam by atheists and anti-theists.  We know the answers.  More important - we know your crass arguments backwards.  That you have been sheltered from these discussions, should again tell you something about yourself.

This is just trolling: you ignore the inconvenient answers given.

Why not go and read up on how we see these things (The God Delusion, The End of Faith, Letter to a Christian Nation to name but 3 of my favourites) and if you still want to debate, come back with something new? 

I'll help you get on down that track if you like.  It seems likely that morality and ethics are transient.  Our hopes of a better future seem to be pretty futile in moral terms - as evidenced by history.  Why should that be the case?

People throughout this thread have repeatedly given evidence for their morality that exists quite healthily without your god. Yet you continue to insist that your god did it. You still are fixated by the "survival of the fittest" phrase, and you still obviously don't know what it means, or that Darwin never said it. (it's survival of the FIT, not fittest.) Several times in the discussion, people have explained exactly how conscience might arise without god, yet you ignore those comments and pretend that the topic is still unanswered.

If you wish to have a rational discussion, you can start by actually trying to understand the replies to your vapid questions, and offer actual proof or data to support your points, rather than repeating goddidit ad nauseum. Otherwise, STFU. No really. Shut the hell up. Grownups are trying to talk here.

I am looking. As simple as that.

It appears that the atheists here have more integrity that you/theists. I know no one is watching but yet I do the right thing anyway.

RSS

Blog Posts

Creationists Dispute

Posted by Fouad on December 24, 2014 at 7:26am 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service