If you are a non- believer, why be moral when no one is looking?

If you are a non- believer in, all that you do is being recorded in the heavens, why be moral when no one is looking?

If there are no records and no witness, why not do anything you want?

If no one sees you do it, then is it a deed not done?

If all of this is true, then why do we have a conscience, where did it come.

We are told in scriptures that our conscience is our natural way of doing God's will in the absence of his Law.

Views: 3511

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

My question is how does it get there

And that's where you tie in Hamilton's Rule & the research on AI that I posted. It evolves!

The robots in the program didn't have any altruism in their programming, it evolved in them.

If computer programs can evolve altruism, then obviously biological beings can too.

What part of that can't you understand?

Akshay, I think Michael balks at the part that suggests that evolutionary mechanisms are a perfectly good explanation for why any socially dependent organism (whether real or simulated) must develop altruistic behavior in order to assist the group to survive.  He balks because this in inconsistent with the dogma that he has been fed by people with vested interests in deceiving him.  Their brain washing was so successful that now Michael sincerely believes that he cannot be wrong, even if all the evidence is against him.

That is so very sad.

Can you hear yourself? This could be a passage from Frank Herbert's Dune.

Some misinformation here. The Code of Hanarabi predates Moses and was used as a basis for the distortion known as the Ten Commandments. The Noahaic and Mosaic Laws that you cite are deviants from former laws introduced by ignorant scribes and clerics with their agendas. They have no value. The "Law of the Spirit" is a fantastic concoction that is so propagandistic that it might be introduced into the halls of Congress. You are regurgitating dogmatic doctrine which fails to make any sense based on reputable evidence of any kind.
The problem with your argument is that higher primates, such as chimps, also have social codes which are indistinguishable from human morality. They have recognizable rules, which regulate things like aggression between males, and systems of favours and collaborative action.

We are moral because we are social. We would never have survived as a species without moral reasoning, because without it, no society is possible. And small primates like us, with few and weak defenses, cannot survive outside some social structure.

The origin of moral reasoning is not a mystery. If you took the time to read the research on the subject, and admit the fact that this research disproves your premise, you would stand to learn.

The operative here is still a conscience of which I contend is created by God. Animals do not evolve a conscience in a survival of the fittest scheme. This is a perplexing enigma among many social scientist. Mechanistically how does it get in the DNA?

Since you keep posting the same drivel I will keep posting the response you cant seem to answer..

If god created the conscience then how is it that all consciences are not the same?

Pedophilia, an unconscionable act in most person's minds, has been committed thousands of times by priests and other "people of the cloth." If they received their conscience from a sky fairy he must of left something out. Just sayin'.....

"Wolfs in sheep clothing." We have been warned.

I prefer not being a sheep or follow a flock so I'm pretty immune to such silliness. Nor do I need a spiritual shepard who's knowledge is based in 3000 year old myths.

Animals do develop a conscience. Your argument is invalid.

OK cite your peer reviewed reference and I will pour over it. 

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 4 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service