If there was a religion that was free from homophobia, sexism, child abuse, animal abuse and promoted education in all spheres, including medical and technological/scientific.....would you consider it?

What if someone you loved asked you to convert?
On what reasons would you refuse?

Let's say it was a form of Deism..... A great creator/pasta/ham sandwich/ alien set off the big bang. When we die, our energy (spirit) is transformed into another version of 'us' that is either recycled (reincarnated) progressed (to another dimension) or reunited (into a oneness/heaven with our creator)
Science doesn't have the technology to chart this transformation yet, but as the years continue, there are hints that it might be correct.

~~Anyway, this is the best idea of a perfect religion I could come up with. The real question is, if there was a plausible, hate-less, beneficial religion on the planet, would you go for it? What if you had a good reason to? How would it effect you, as a person.~~~

Oh yeah, give me your ideas of a 'perfect' religion.
Let's not start a cult, though...

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No. There's still no god and, therefore, no purpose for religion. Converting would mean pretending to be a believer when I know damn well there's no god. So no, I would not be deceptive to that degree.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 0 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service