If people believe in God, why do they not believe in magic?

I've always grown up in a Christian/Catholic family, and as I grew older learned that there was no such thing as magic. But how can the story of Jesus and God be told without any magic or supernatural occurances? Is it some different type of trickery that God used? Because as soon as Hagrid gives me my Hogwarts letter, I'll believe.

Views: 182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Frank: where did you find this bit about dragons?

It's in Chapter 18 of the Gospel of Pseudo-Matthew: 'And, lo, suddenly there came forth from the cave many dragons; and when the children saw them, they cried out in great terror. Then Jesus went down from the bosom of His mother, and stood on His feet before the dragons; and they adored Jesus, and thereafter retired'

If people believe in god, they do believe in magic.

Only the magic of miracles is congruent with religious beliefs. Of course, magic construed as parlor tricks is quite fine.

Isn't there a story where one of the saints, I think it was Peter, has a magic rap-off with a wizard or something where each performs miracles such as levitation and fireballs and then the wizard kills himself just before he pulls off this epic stunt. I might be wrong; it's been a while before I read the new testicle.

EDIT: Found it. It was Simon Magus. Heres the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Magus

they think its bogus hahaha the irony!!

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

A Bigot Ambassador & Blasphemers

Posted by Noon Alif on September 26, 2016 at 6:00am 0 Comments

Serpens - the serpent

Posted by Brad Snowder on September 25, 2016 at 11:27am 0 Comments

Services we love!

© 2016   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service