If in killing a woman her unborn baby is killed as well...

Charge the killer with a double murder or not?

Suppose she doesn't die but the baby does?

Views: 1389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Epic Kid gamer - NO NO NO NO NOOO! NOOOOOO!

Can I get that to go with some Fava Beans and a nice Chianti?

H. Lecter

If fetuses aren't babies, then maybe we need to start calling pregnant women fetus-carriers rather than mothers, because the very meaning of "mother" implies a child.

Actually we call them mothers-to-be, or more often, pregnant women.  I had no idea you called pregnant women "Mothers".  Mirriam Websters defines Mother as:-

Noun
A woman in relation to a child or children to whom she has given birth.
Verb
Bring up (a child) with care and affection: "the art of mothering".

Perhaps it has become more colloquially used over here in the USA.  Do you also call the man who inseminated her a "Father"?   I have often heard older women announce "I am going to be a grandmother", not "I'm a grandmother", before the birth.

Actually UnOne, for once, I think you have an excellent idea - "fetus-carriers" - I like that. I wonder how many young mothers-to-be, sorry, fetus-carriers, are going to like it as well?

Might be a good way to separate the "cake havers" from the "cake eaters" --

Few, I'm pretty sure.

RSS

Forum

What is the value of Atheism to humanity?

Started by Charles J Hunsinger in Religion and the Religious, Atheism and Atheists. Last reply by Charles J Hunsinger 13 minutes ago. 52 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Alan Hotchy 54 minutes ago. 40 Replies

The Angelina Jolie Effect

Started by Belle Rose in Biology and Medicine. Last reply by Ari 3 hours ago. 2 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service