Lets say hypothetically that the Christian God was real.

Everything you have ever heard about god was true and Jesus came back to Earth.

What then?

How many atheist do you think would convert right away?

Would you fear God?

Would it even matter that god made itself known?

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It would make do difference to me at all. If there actually was a supreme being, it couldn't possibly bear any resemblance to the judeo-christian spoiled brat child god. Even if it was aware of me as an individual (highly doubtful) I'm sure it would have zero interest in my fleeting existence. What's the point of worshipping and praying? You might as well talk to the the big bang for all the good such a thing would do.
This is probably going to sound like a funny answer, but I would continue living my life as I do without him. The problem is that the Bible is filled with contradictions, including that Hell was never described as a fiery place where people burned-- it was originally a cold, dark state of being you found yourself in when you were away from God. I've always interpreted heaven and hell to exist while living, not after death. I also believe that if an intelligent, human-like god existed (and he is human like in the Bible-- anger, jealousy, and other such emotions are human in nature), then he would appreciate people who logically challenged his existence and would be more concerned with people who were living virtuously than people who happened to pick the correct religious denomination out of the like, 40,000 that exist. I can't say I believe God would be bothered by my Atheism at all (especially considering the going rates for Christians in prisons in America--- over 95% of them read the Bible and identify with religion and only .2% are Atheist) because I haven't ever done anything harmful to anyone or anything and I live honestly. If he wanted to beam me to hell anyway, he'd be welcome to--- I wouldn't want anything to do with a god that didn't have a sense of humor.
I'd ask him, "What the fuck is wrong with you?" You killed millions of people. Explain why.
I'll assume for the purposes of discussion that you mean a strict interpretation of biblegod, as opposed to the modern evangelical view of god, the Catholic view, etc.

The god described in the bible has the following characteristics:

evil
deceitful
impotent against iron chariots (Judges 1:19)

I would consider, therefore, that his claims to omnipotence and omnipresence are exaggerated (see point 2) and attack god with iron chariots. To take any other action would be immoral.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

What is the Destiny of Intelligence?

Started by Roy Plisko in Philosophy. Last reply by Pope Beanie 3 minutes ago. 57 Replies

conspiracy theories

Started by Seth Richardson in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 50 minutes ago. 20 Replies

Criticize the ideology, not the person?

Started by Erock68la in Small Talk. Last reply by Erock68la 1 hour ago. 28 Replies

6 YEARS!

Started by Dan in Announcements. Last reply by Pope Beanie 6 hours ago. 6 Replies

The Movie Kiss: Romance or Rape?

Started by Unseen in Society. Last reply by Pope Beanie 6 hours ago. 12 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service