Lets say hypothetically that the Christian God was real.

Everything you have ever heard about god was true and Jesus came back to Earth.

What then?

How many atheist do you think would convert right away?

Would you fear God?

Would it even matter that god made itself known?

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why does every picture of God painted in the bible make it sound like he travels in a spaceship.
`I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, `for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'

`But,' says Man, `The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'

`Oh dear,' says God, `I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly disappears in a puff of logic.

`Oh, that was easy,' says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.

Douglas Adams-Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Um... I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove, or what the point is.
If your talking about the post directly above its from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. One of the best atheist radio shows, t.v. shows , and movie's ever made, in my opinion of course. It's a comedy that is quite delightful if you like British humor. Great read with all six books
I could be wrong, but I think it was more a question of relevance than of source.
Well it is kinda relevant as it's a discussion between man and god. There first meeting and the question man asks god which in turn makes him disappear. Was more of a reply to doone just wasn't placed right.
If God was real what would you do?

Pray.
Why
What else, burn in hell? The god of the bible gives you only two choices: either love and worship him or burn in hell forever. Now which choice would you choose? But since the Christian god is omniscient he would know you don't really love him, so you would go to hell anyway, but, what the hell, I'd give it a shot.
Couldn't hurt i guess to try. It might not be all that powerful to begin with. If it was all knowing all seeing then what is the point of life at all. Is their any point to this madness we continue everyday?
Simple answer? Doesn't seem to be any point. The mystery is why anything? of course. What makes life want to live? Even a gnat will flee danger.

What is the mechanism located in living things--a gene?-- that makes them want to survive--for what point? It's maddening to think about it, and we'll all be dead for a long time before anyone has an answer--if there is one. And will the answer make any damn sense? And what is the mechanism that makes us give a damn? Free will--not!
Very true.

The point to life must be a individual one. Each person creates their own point to life. Things that are important to each of us make up our own dogma to life, if you will.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service