Lets say hypothetically that the Christian God was real.

Everything you have ever heard about god was true and Jesus came back to Earth.

What then?

How many atheist do you think would convert right away?

Would you fear God?

Would it even matter that god made itself known?

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess you could say that if by Zen Koan you mean a question or parable to help a person transcend daily thought patterns to arrive at a more enlightened mental place.
I would have to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, but I would convert the moment I had good evidence.
Why convert?
I would ask him a bunch of why questions. If there is a god, why have so many bad things happened to the world? And I hope he can give me a good explanation.
More than likely there are no explanations other than man is a violent creature at times.
Nah... I would go to Hell and party with the rest of the unbelievers and [of course] all of theose billions throughout history unfortunate enough to have accidently worshipped the wrong god. We'd have a party... bet Satan has some kickin' weed and the best boose out there. lol

Afterall, technically, by the time "jesus arrives" it would be too late to be saved anyway... so the best I could hope for is a nice spot in hell.
I would put him on trial for crimes against humanity and have him executed.
To be honest , he would probably find less fault with most Atheist , than most Christians . I studied to be a pastor years ago . God judges by peoples hearts according to the Bible and what light was revealed to them . There are people all over the world even in jungles that never heard a thing about God or Jesus ..but yet they are good people . Would this be a just God to judge them because they never knew him....... I think not and if it is so Then I guess we will go round and round with the discussion on judgement day .....hahah. Most of us Atheist live the live of humanist , we care about the world and those around us ..most Atheist I know would give you the shirt off their back . They seam more concerned about the problems of the world than most christians ,as I have said before Christians pray about the world ...Atheist try to fix it .
Ministers and pastors are trained to call secular humanism as a terrible thing. I'm not sure where they get that screwed up logic from.
Interesting indeed. Enjoyed your post a lot. There is a lot of truth to what you said. God treated his best followers in a very horrible way. Moses after a lifetime of servitude wasn't allowed in the promise land, jesus was violently beaten and killed, jon the baptist was beheaded and countless others met a terrible end and received extremely harsh punishments by it for doing it's work.

Unfortunately I would fall into the category of the black heart I guess you could say. I long to help the world and build a better society but i wouldn't allow myself to reap the benefits of the society. There is just no place in a perfect world for people like me, but that's another story.
If the God that appeared were the God of the Bible then I would obviously believe he was real. But would I worship him/ No, I don't think so. The God of the Bible is one of the most unjust and unsavory characters that I could imagine. I would consider it my moral requisite to oppose such a being.
You ever see those articles that talk about the worst villain in history and think to yourself why isn't god listed there.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 0 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service