Some people say there was heaven and hell, others think about soul, some also believes in reincarnation.. how about you? what do you think of it? what will you do if this is the end of everything?

Views: 781

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I really believe that when we die, that's it.  In the same way life has gone on since my father died, so will it go on after I die, just without me in it.  I believe I can't say definitively that there is no god, but I sincerely doubt that anybody actually knows the true nature of any deity that may exist.  Part of my problem with believing in god is, ironically, believers in any one deity and/or manifestation of a deity.  I think it's incredibly arrogant and ignorant at the same time for anybody to claim they know the one true god and then to be evangelical about it.  If I encountered somebody who seemed to have actually found a god, I would think that person's presence, words, and way of living would attract people naturally.  It would be a very powerful thing to have met a deity.  

I met Leonard Nimoy once, but that's as close as I've come --

Which he wrote after leaving the TV series, because he didn't want to get typecast like Steve Reeves (an earlier Superman) and not be able to find any other kind of work. But years after that, he wrote, I Am Spock! after Paramount began considering a series of ST movies (even Vulcans know which side their bread is buttered on).

Rumor is, he was considering writing, Sometimes I Feel Like A Spock, Sometimes I Don't, but I'm not sure what happened to that.

Live a good life, experience everything I can. Accomplish every personal goal I've set for myself, including raising a smart, independent, and free-thinking member of society. Make every attempt to enlighten as many people as I can.

RSS

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service