If creationism were true, wouldn’t that mean that no animal species could be related to another? And DNA would be varied from species to species showing no relationship at all. Every species would be related only to itself, having come from no common ancestor. Horses would not be related to zebras, wolves to coyotes, polar bears to grizzly bears, or llamas to camels. Tigers and lions could not be related, and would be incapable of cross-species reproduction. There would be no ligers or tigons. That applies to plants as well. We would be unable to cross-pollinate two different plants to come up with a hybrid.

Tags: creationism, evolution

Views: 968

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is a good point, unfortunately faith based people do not value logic. I realized this during a discussion with my mother: I was explaining her evolution, when I finished she said: 'Oh, well, it is just a theory' and then I pointed that gravity was 'just a theory' too and asked her why she accepted gravity and not evolution if both are a fact at the same level and were gathered through the same method (science). This is what she told me: "I will believe anything that doesn't contradicts the Bible, if it contradicts it then it is false because the Bible is the one and only truth".

That sets it all.

Of course new earth creationists can dream up what ever they want and would argue the creator reused elements resulting in similarity. They may have a harder time explaining why an omnipotent creator has a failure rate of 99%.

If creationism is true...

...the history of life on earth is a litany of failures, just as evolution predicts.

...God's design is utterly incompetent.

...God's design has produced an unending string of experiments in living things that crashed and burned.

...God sure created a lot of life forms that were hopelessly inept at avoiding extinction. 

...God must have a pretty devilish sense of humor.

...God created an environment where He could practice unfathomable cruelty.

Thinking along these lines helped me quit god. 

Why would God leave us with so much evidence of earth and the universe being billions of years old, and all life genetically related back to millions of years ago? Was it to tempt us to be led astray? Is it the work of the devil? Are you being told to not even think about it, or wonder?

Why would you want to worship the kind of deity who would play these types of mind tricks anyway...

Good argument.  If the big boy used the Poof ! (its there) method of creation, we could expect complete uniqueness.  But if sHe cheated and used genetic variation over time, then they could be related. But then, that would be Evolution, wouldn't it.   Damn.  Another good creationist argument fails.!!

Attachments:

I could not imagine a world without my beloved Fronkeys. It's evolution gone mad you know!!

Attachments:

And DNA would be varied from species to species showing no relationship at all.

No and yes if we are talking about a god who created each species individually.

If I were going to design a species in a lab, I would likely copy code from other species to reproduce certain features. Even if we assumed that the laws of nature originated from God, as long as there is a pattern relating DNA to biological structures, you can't just generate similar structures all willy-nilly. Similar species would need to have related genetic code to some extent.

But then for groups like primates with large amounts of noncoding dna, I don't know it if makes sense that our genomes align so closely with some members of the order, but not necessarily others.

Well, but God can do anything, right? After all, He's God. So God could create the world just as it looks today, couldn't He? 

Think you can trick God? What a dummy!

I really want to write a comment, but every time I start to type the "Cre----tionism" word, all that comes out on the page is "ROFL"… 

if it were true then this would be false.

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 28 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service