Absolute certainty when it comes to gods is impossible, therefore, why are you an atheist rather than an agnostic atheist.

Tags: absolute, agnostic, atheist, certainty

Views: 528

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yea the revision was already semi covered. What i want to know is why does that distinction mean anything to you and in what context.

It's interesting enough, apparently, to make several contributions to the discussion. How uninteresting does a topic have to be to drive you to ignore it and floss your teeth or rearrange your sock drawer.

In other words, I don't think you find it all THAT uninteresting!

Eric, why do people have beliefs about things they can't be certain about? Why can't someone be an atheist based on what they believe? I believe that no one has taken my refrigerator out of my apartment even though I'm visiting a relative and have no way to verify that fact. I'm acting based on the best evidence I have, which is how someone can be an atheist. I, too, believe that if many atheists were a little more rigorous, they should really be agnostic, but I can't blame them for being less rigorous and basing their belief on what they feel the truth to be.

Isn't "agnostic atheist" an oxymoron??  

RSS

Forum

What would happen...

Started by Griffin Buckerfield in Small Talk. Last reply by Simon Mathews 16 minutes ago. 5 Replies

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Simon Mathews 45 minutes ago. 4 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 18 hours ago. 15 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service