There are international standards of weights and measures, even for the passage of time.

The gold standard for a moral, eternally abiding life now sits and the right hand of his Father.  

Diametrically opposed is the man of Sin, our natural proclivity and the spirit working in our minds and members. We sin as naturally and freely as water cascading down a water fall.

Our mouths, swear, our minds envy, covet and indulge in vilest most despicable imaginings. 

We are bitter, abusive, hateful,  coldhearted, murders, whisperers, callous, without natural affection, haughty, high minded, quick to anger, insufferable lot. Deserving all of the natural catastrophes that beset us, including AIDS, tsunamis, hurricanes and tornadoes. As AIDS spreads rapidly around the earth it becomes evident that everybody is sleeping with everyone across the whole planet. A sure marker of the moral turpitude that besets the earth. 

But a standard was born. Eat his flesh, drink his blood and let him abode in your mind and members that you may abide forever.

Views: 324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes you have!. And you are right; You write off people. "Most X do Y" is a bad sentence and always will be. Is an inflammatory statement and lacks love.
Spot on.  Superb summary of reasons not to believe.

If you're looking for love, talk about kittens. Talk about literature. Talk about music or culture or art or the mountains or something that makes sense. Learn to use quotation marks.

Don't relate your particular flavor of bronze age teachings and expect me to accept and cherish them. Its nothing I haven't heard before. It makes no sense in any way, and it gives no form to life beyond bowed head and bended knee. If your god exists and I am judged at death, I will stand before he/she/it/they and say, "You disgust me." And it will be true.

Your god disgusts me. To even think that some higher being would torture and make so very much of life such a terrible burden, and then expect us to be grateful for it, is a repulsive idea. There is no justification.

I'm statistically lucky. Most humans are suffering in terrible, gut wrenching ways right now. Ways I cannot even think about as I have never had to experience them. And probably never will.

I won't even hold you fully accountable for this belief. As a person, something in you may be wonderful. You have been brainwashed and I know what a powerful sway it holds. I can only hope you find your way free. If that day comes, welcome. If not, enjoy what you have. I honestly hope your life is happy and keeps being so.

Please don't make anyone else miserable. That's the biggest issue I have with religions. Let others live in peace. Gays and transgenders and colored people and people who believe differently than you. Tell your church to stop hating and hurting. Please don't make anyone else miserable.

Can we talk about literature written by kittens who dance to music and sip coffee in the mountains?

Im feeling all warm and lovey now just thinking about it.

me too!

I respect your Atheism and will not love you less for that. 

I have rejected all churches as rubbish, as they are known for their falsehoods and hypocrisies. 

My charter is to shatter paradigms, not people. Even as the CERN LHC seeks to shatter paradigms by offering evidence of higher dimensions and to find the God particle. 

It was thought provoking findings like this that got me started searching for a higher truth and why we live in a Goldilocks part of the Universe. And also the Anthropic principle. And the talk of the  Multiverse, to arrive at a scientific explanation for all the above. Well science poses this explanation which at present is unfalsifiable. And I present an alternative unfalsifiable explanation. And if I am right I can offer others Life Eternal. Despite being called hateful, I am doing this out of Love, no matter how quixotical I appear. 

I had pondered if you had a screw lose somewhere or were just passionate. Your use of the word paradigm now qualifies you for 51/50 evaluation in most of the US.
Yeah you are probably right, my daughter is a PhD candidate in clinical psychology. She'd be the one to call the authorities. LOL
Michael, I can't even falsify the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I doubt it, but that's it. It's not possible any negative - Santa Claus, Easter Bunny or Jesus Christ.
It's more important that we love each other despite what we believe. A person can preach whatever they want, Atheism or Religion but when that person forcibly infringes on our rights to exercise what ever we believe then we are living in Medieval Europe again.

You cannot say you're still searching for the real version of God, that all of the churches are wrong, then say somehow you're trying to bring us salvation. If there was a divine being who was interested in his children, he would have the competence and desire to get a clear message to us about who he is and what he expects of us.

Opposite to the lack of answers provided by religion, science has clearly demonstrated the relatedness of all life forms (phylogenetic tree), and their is strong evidence that abiogenesis not only could occur under the circumstances which existed for the early Earth, but abiogenesis is certain to occur under certain circumstances. Our origins are not lacking an explanation, simply awaiting some details.

If their ever was a god who wanted to "save" us, he would not stash our salvation in some secret version of a religion that required a bunch of men with PhDs and the like to uncover and attempt to interpret, nor would he allow corrupt men to keep it hidden from us.

I have extensively studied the prophecies of the Old and New Testament in conjunction with history. I am dumbfounded by the accuracy of the predictions. With this  knowledge I able to extrapolate current events into the future.  Here is a nutshell extrapolation for you.    Turkey will become apart of the EU, which is critical because Constantinople (Istanbul ) is the seat of the Orthodox Patriarch and the defacto prince of Byzantium, which must merge again with the Western Empire And the schism between the Latin Rite and the Orthodox Rite must be healed under a unifying deception. As the Beast gains strength the stage is set for the Orthodox Russia to be assimilated. "Who is like the Beast, and Who can make war with it?" Coupled with and proceeding this union regencies shall be reinstated and honored such as the Romanovs of Russia. Regencies must rise in Western Europe also, only to give there power back to the Beast, who shall completely up root Three regencies. Israel will be a vassal of this Beast (The Resurrected Roman Empire) and under its auspices it shall reconstruct the Temple as during the Roman Empire of Old (The Lord requires that which has past). This Temple is where the new Caesar or Fuhrer or Kaiser must stand and pollute the Sanctuary ( The abomination of desolation, spoken about by Daniel the Prophet, Jesus, and John in the Revelation.

RSS

Forum

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 40 minutes ago. 43 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 3 hours ago. 57 Replies

where when how who why ?

Started by aubrey knows nothing * in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 3 hours ago. 6 Replies

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Unseen 11 hours ago. 12 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service