There are international standards of weights and measures, even for the passage of time.

The gold standard for a moral, eternally abiding life now sits and the right hand of his Father.  

Diametrically opposed is the man of Sin, our natural proclivity and the spirit working in our minds and members. We sin as naturally and freely as water cascading down a water fall.

Our mouths, swear, our minds envy, covet and indulge in vilest most despicable imaginings. 

We are bitter, abusive, hateful,  coldhearted, murders, whisperers, callous, without natural affection, haughty, high minded, quick to anger, insufferable lot. Deserving all of the natural catastrophes that beset us, including AIDS, tsunamis, hurricanes and tornadoes. As AIDS spreads rapidly around the earth it becomes evident that everybody is sleeping with everyone across the whole planet. A sure marker of the moral turpitude that besets the earth. 

But a standard was born. Eat his flesh, drink his blood and let him abode in your mind and members that you may abide forever.

Views: 319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I choose to humor the notion of God, and my understanding was open.

The Jews have 3400 years of experience, I trust their. eyewitness testimony to the absurd.

I do not believe they were a bunch of mumblers and vagabonds spewing lies and crafting cleverly devise fables and meanwhile marching into the flames to defend it's cause.  

"...I preach the Church Without Christ. I'm member and preacher to that church where the blind don't see and the lame don't walk and what's dead stays that way. Ask me about that church and I'll tell you it's the church that the blood of Jesus don't foul with redemption.

Listen, you people, I'm going to take the truth with me wherever I go...I'm going to preach it to whoever'll listen at whatever place. I'm going to preach there was no Fall because there was nothing to fall from and no Redemption because there was no Fall and no Judgement because there wasn't the first two. Nothing matters but that Jesus was a liar."-Wise Blood, Flannery O'Connor

I appreciate being called a standard. But please don't eat of my flesh or drink of my blood. :(

Typical fundie - see the worst of everything & attribute every bad thing to your imaginary gods wrath.

Basically you want the rest of the world to live as monks because some rotting, dusty old book says so. My advice, recycle that piece of junk & read some science books.

@oneinfinity. You think the Jews were a munch of vagabonds and mumblers in the wilderness, devising cleverly conceived fables for 1400 years all the while marching into the flames based on them. Meanwhile their progeny have been some of the most gifted men to ever walk on the planet and still are. Their down fall  has been their hypocrisy, even today as you pick up the Tel Aviv newspaper, it is Sodom and Gomorrah  in living color in the classified section.
All humans were a bunch of vagabonds and mumblers in the wilderness, and for the most part still are. No one consciously devised cleverly conceived fables, they were the remnants of dreams they had before some awakened, and thus mistook the dream for the Truth because they hadn't yet come to know that it was the word that had created the world and had also created 'God'. And their downfall is simply that, the word is still the 'Word', and creates it's own world where the believers make the believed come true.

'Gold Standard of moral eternal life'?  There is no such thing.  Just dreaming it up doesn't make it true.How dare you call me 'bitter, abusive, hateful,  coldhearted, murders, whisperers, callous, without natural affection, haughty, high minded, quick to anger, insufferable' I am no such thing and you slander my good name when you insinuate it.

@ Katerin - Thank you. Well said.

Katerin wrote:  'Gold Standard of moral eternal life'?  There is no such thing.  Just dreaming it up doesn't make it true.How dare you call me 'bitter, abusive, hateful,  coldhearted, murders, whisperers, callous, without natural affection, haughty, high minded, quick to anger, insufferable' I am no such thing and you slander my good name when you insinuate it.

There is no other name given under the heavens that a man might be saved.

This is an indictment of the world population at large. Pick up a newspaper.

I am sure you are not all these things.

be saved from what ? a good life !
You may not want to, but I want you to live forever.

Unlike your typical mega-church charlatan, I do not want your money or your wife. Just love God with all your heart and soul and your neighbor as yourself. Upon this rests the Law and the prophets.
I have a real problem that you - or anyone can believe these fairy tales about 'eating his flesh - drinking his blood'. When will this tribal nonsense end ? The only way any of us will live forever will be as the stardust from which we came & to which we will return. PERIOD !

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service