I need a short atheist phrase for a script tattoo.

I am getting a collar tattoo and I need some ideas for what to get. My best idea is "Beware of Dogma", but I don't want it to seem like a warning that I have dogma, so I'm thinking I should go in a different direction. Please post your ideas for a 3-5 word atheist phrase, whether it be funny, sarcastic, abrasive, or a combination of those. Thanks for your help!!

Tags: funny, phrase, sarcasm, tattoo

Views: 1923

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Without God.

That's awesome!!
I translated it to Latin: Bonum Sine Deus
That would be perfect in custom calligraphy!! I'm going to have my tattoo guy draw this up and see how it looks. I think we have a winner!!

Tom Noonan has suggested "Good Without God", which is great. I translated it to Latin, "Bonum Sine Deus" and I think we have a winner. I'm going to have my tattoo guy draw it up in custom calligraphy. I will definitely post pics when it's done, along with pics of the other one. Stay tuned, my appointment is April 20th.

Thank you all so much for the great ideas!! Stay active, use reason!!

If you want something pithy and vague, but that will get people thinking, consider "Eppur si muove." As you may recall, this is the phrase that Galileo is said to have uttered after being forced to recant his statement that the Earth moves around the Sun, and not the other way around. Some say he uttered it directly to members of the Inquisition, and others contend that he said it upon being transferred from house arrest. Still, it's a great conversation starter, eh?

That's definitely a conversation start! I think I'll save that one, as well as some of the others, for the rest of my sleeve. Thank you!!

What about:  Christianity & Schizophrenia have same GOD under different names.

That's true, but a bit long for a collar.

Embrace Reason

"Good without God"

RSS

Forum

The Cross

Started by Belle Rose in Religion and the Religious, Atheism and Atheists. Last reply by Davis Goodman 41 minutes ago. 21 Replies

Help Think Atheist!

Started by David Smith in Theistic Arguments and Debate Help. Last reply by Simon Mathews 8 hours ago. 18 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by MikeLong 19 hours ago. 38 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service