Yes I'm not an atheist, I'm a Christian and I came here to debate.
Does anyone see any faults with Christianity?
This seems like a very logical good ste and I'm exited to talk with you all.
:)

Views: 3300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sphere.

I used to think the Earth was a sphere.

Until Isaac Asimov corrected me.  The Earth is actually a Spheroid (thicker at it's equator). 

Aha, a greek circloid, aka hulahoop

I love that essay.

"When people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together."

http://chem.tufts.edu/answersinscience/relativityofwrong.htm

+1 Awesome... it's pearoidal!

Well, maybe they didn't know about pears back in those pen-a-bible days?

They used to think the earth's orbit around the sun(or vice versa) was a circle.  I guess they used to think that about all the planets(going around the sun).  But, because of the scientific method, they were able to get better information thru better testing.

Of course, we have an alleged physicist on the blog who is a scientific method denier.  Cant make this shit up.

I'm generally supportive of any creative intrerpretation of any scripture, as long as it's not declared more true than any other reader's interpretation.

What nonsense!

You can be as creative as you like interpreting an Introductory Quantum Mechanics scripture (and I've seen some doozies!).  Unfortunately, I'm going to declare my interpretation more valid than yours.   Experience and expertise matters.   Study matters.  In all disciplines.

As for the rest, we're back to the Mythology of Science.  Good grief!  Science books don't evolve.  New authors write new interpretations of the data we have, combined (sometimes) with new data.  Lots of scientific ideas are very tentative and ambiguous.  We don't "reproduce" experiments between disciplines, and different investigations produce different results, they don't "reproduce."

And NO, we have lots of scriptures in religion.  Tens, hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of books.  Why in the world would anyone think that only one could be true? 

"we have lots of scriptures in religion.  Tens, hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of books.  Why in the world would anyone think that only one could be true? "

Why in the world would anyone think that any of them could be true?

Oh, probably because they formed the intellectual foundations of successful cultures.

I'm generally supportive of any creative interpretation of any scripture, as long as it's not declared more true than any other reader's interpretation.

So what about the verse in 2 Peter that warns that no prophecy of scripture ever came about from any one private interpretation? Read you Bible Christians and don’t get creative.

...wait for it...here comes a whopper...

Make that a cheezy whopper, please.

Will a Ghost Burger suffice? However it does take three days to pass through your system.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service