i knew you answered a question like this before,,but i wanna know "What make you an atheist?"

i'm new here, but i'm not new for being an atheist.

i just want to know how you guys turn to be an atheist?to become an open minded thinkers...

Views: 608

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who simply never had religion in the first place...lol

I've been presented with both sides of the subject, and I naturally came to my atheistic conclusion.

I was at Sunday School (being about 10 years old at the time) When I had my question shut down. Basically "shut up and believe". Well, at least I shut up and listened. With in a month or three, I came to the conclusion, that whatever they were teaching was retarded. I yawned my way through 5 more years, before my Mother relented.

I had one Sunday at a Sunday school - the order of the day was the Prodigal Son story - I couldn't wrap my head around it at all.  I asked my Mum where my friend who lived next door was, and she was apparently at a horse riding school.  I was offered that as an alternative and literally jumped at the chance.  Years later I had obtained my Instructors Certificate, as well as my Basic Vetinary certificate.

I did find something on the Prodigal Son story< also years later - one of those lists of "crazy things kids write on tests".

Q. Who was upset when the Prodigal Son came home?
A. The Fatted Calf.

I laughed and laughed and laughed...

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

Marriage makes women fat?

Started by Logicallunatic in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 23 minutes ago. 9 Replies

What is the Destiny of Intelligence?

Started by Roy Plisko in Philosophy. Last reply by Unseen 1 hour ago. 21 Replies

conspiracy theories

Started by Seth Richardson in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 1 hour ago. 5 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service