i knew you answered a question like this before,,but i wanna know "What make you an atheist?"

i'm new here, but i'm not new for being an atheist.

i just want to know how you guys turn to be an atheist?to become an open minded thinkers...

Views: 587

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

does it mean you're like an agnostic???

Two different words; theism refers to belief, gnosticism refers to knowledge, the words are not exclusive of each other. You can be a gnostic theist ("I believe and know a god exists"), an agnostic theist ("I believe a god exists, but I'm not certain of it"), an agnostic atheist ("I do not believe a god exists, but I'm not certain"), or a gnostic atheist ("I do not believe a god exists, and I am certain no gods exist"). 

I didn't become an atheist, I always was one. I tried but could not believe, because religion seemed so silly.

yes,,then you were inborn super atheist,,haha

Everyone is born an atheist, you have to be indoctrinated, which is what engenders belief. 

In my case it was a lucid mixture between how I thought living in my toxic dysfunctional home as a child, and what I have learned as an adult.  Studying philosophy, and opening my eyes up to logic.  Knowledge is what probably made me an atheist. 

yeah,,thats exactly what happen to me,,i question god's existence since i was in elementary,,but when i had my professional subjects,,logic w/ science facts explains all for me,, :)

haha,,it seems brainwash didn't affect you,,

I need for things to make sense. I need for things that claim to be moral and righteous to measure up. I really wanted this whole Christianity thing to work out, but it just wasn't. So, I had a long and tortured break-up. We got back together a couple of times and yeah, you'd changed xtianity, but you were still woo underneath. So, finally I gave you the boot. And it wasn't me, it was you, xtianity. :)

Nice way of putting it. It was like a bad relationship wasn't it? I like this analogy. I may use it in my next blog. I'll give you credit.

haha,,tim hopwood was right!,,you did this explanation great!

It was gradual for me. It stated with a bunch of unresolved questions when i had ministers of several different faiths in one room and none of them could agree on their own book. So i became pagan over the years i found myself questioning that just as much. It wasn't easy to let go of belief in something even if it was a unnamed something. The concept of we get just this one life terrified me. I'm not scared now because it comes down to i'm responsible for my own actions and the hope that in some small way i will make the world better by simply being in it. the whole pebble in a pond theory.

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 0 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service