.....Really, not thirty minutes ago three armed men pulled up to my driveway as I brought my car in for the night.  I was pulling in and one of them ran out of the car and put a gun on my face and said "open your mouth and you die mother fucker"!! Then, two more men ran out of the car that was blocking my driveway and ran to me aiming at my head as I stood frozen.  They walked me to my door and asked me to un-lock it.  Luckily, I had given my keys to my wife as I walked out the door and was unable to open it myself.  From the inside my wife stood with my 4 month old son on her arms waiting for me to knock so she would unlock it.  Well, out the window she saw the car pull up and was aware of what was happening.  SHE DID NOT OPEN THE DOOR!! Great, then one of the men said "tell her that she is going to have to mop your brains off the front porch if she does not open" as he said this he cocked the 9mm semi-automatic and put the cold hard steel to my temple, then he said "tell her now".  As I repeated those words I heard the dead-bolt slam shut and she went upstairs.  The the the guy with the sawed-off 2 barrel 12 ga. shotgun asked me where my keys where and slammed me against the wall and put his gun on my chest, right over my heart..."My wife has them and she is inside"... I said, the third guy went to my car and quickly found a key-chain that I keep in the glove-box with the keys to a little house that I rent, and came back aiming a .308 to my face and said to me "Are you lying to me you son of a bitch?" as I told him those keys belonged to another house.  They had me lay down on the floor and told me that if I moved i would die, then after a few seconds I heard the car pull away.  I AM TELLING THE TRUTH GUYS, this really just happened it is crazy right?!?! And the best thing of all, I never once asked God for anything, really, through this whole thing I never thought for a second of anything else but the moment.  I am cured!!!!! if during all this I managed to stay cool and hang on to my beliefs, I am really cured of religion YAAAAAAY, As an ex-catholic, I always feared that something like this would happen and rattle my core so bad that I would have to turn to religion, that it would make me run back to the comfort of not having to care because it was a gods plan.  I have been freed.

My true story!!!!   really!!!

Devout Atheist for eight years and counting!!!!!!

Tags: Atheist, changing, ex-catholic, life, real, religions

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, maybe writing down what he JUST experienced helped him get out his feelings...did you ever think of that? Maybe he wanted to find other people to connect with that have been through the same (or similar) experiences. Maybe it was super late where he lives and he couldn't pick up the phone right then and call someone to talk to.
Don't you have anything better to do than harass someone who has just been through a traumatic experience?
Apparently not.
I did not keep my keys on me for this same very reason, I live in a city (Guayaquil, Ecuador) where this type of crime is almost common place, so these type of precautions are not at random. The thing is that the person outside usually eats a piece of lead before being let go, this time I was lucky.
It is not that he did not believe me, someone else also expressed disbelief, it is how he came out and said it. The pretentious way in which he came and used the whole "in behavioral science 101" and "classical lying behavior". Listen, he could have called me a lying fool to my face with no issues on my behalf, but it is the way he came out pretending to be "oh so mighty" that egged me on.
Thank you Michel!!! ;)

BTW, here is a picture of my baby boy!!!
No, these people look to come in your home quietly, once inside they hold your family hostage while you go and empty your bank accounts and borrow money from family cover a ransom. Like I said, this type of crime is not uncommon, it happens a lot here; but this is the first time it happened to me and I was prepared. Horrible experience but not unique by any means. The thing is that you never know, sometimes when they get what they want they kill everyone and leave and sometimes they just leave!!!! That is the way this crime syndicates work in this city, it is a very sad reality.
No god does things like this to test our lack of faith.
couldn't of put it better myself, thanx m8
Wow! That had to be terrifying. My wife's work was robbed at gunpoint the other week, so I can imagine how you felt. It is VERY good to hear that you and your family is OK though. I must say that your wife played it smart and you did quite well as well.
I agree, the truth is that she is the unspoken hero. I was in that situation like it or not, she had the courage not to open the door!! I think that it is probably the bravest thing I've known anyone to do. Hope your wife is Ok, and thanks for the support my friend.

© 2015   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service