Dose some one have a proof...what is after death...or what do u guys think (i know that most of u,if not all,are rational people so...i know it will be only interesting thigs that i can 'hear').sorry if u talk about this in other posts..i am know..so please enlight me... :)

Tags: after, atheist, death, life, reason, religion, true

Views: 508

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I never ponder over existence after death, especially since there is neither evidence for, nor logic in, such a thing.  Instead, I take comfort that it can't be any worse than what I experienced before I was born.  So what's to be afraid of?

Death is the cessation of all bodily functions: the lungs no longer work, the heart stops beating, and the brain doesn't function after death. If we experience life through sense data, and the brain interprets sense data, then after the parts of the body that gather sense data no longer function and we have no control center to interpret it, we can no longer experience. Hence, life after death does not exist.

When you die, that's when the real fun begins.  Mwuahahahahaha!!!

(Or so the Christians and Muslims say.)  

(I think when you die, you're done.  Lights out.  Buh-bye.  It's so fascinating, really.  And poetic.)  

Do you remember what it was like before you were born? I didn't think so. It's like that.

The problem with discussing death is that all we can talk about are our experiences.

Death is not an experience. Dying is an experience. Death is not.

One of my favorite quotes ever about death, along the same line:

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

― Mark Twain

What is the definition of death? Is it the cessation of pretty much all neutrons firing in one's brain? Would being cryogenically frozen be the same (supposing one could be awoken from that)?

Human death (the death we have pretty much defined in our mind) is sufficiently irreversible that no one has ever returned to bring proof of an afterdeath (death is technically the afterlife, it being after life. So I'm calling this afterdeath).

What I think is that afterlife is just the loss of my conscious being due to loss of support by neuron interactions. The rest of my body doesn't so much die as continue through the process of being eaten by lifeforms or falling apart due to entropy.

Also, no offense, but do try to write a bit more coherent. I'm far from a grammar Nazi, but the way you wrote this text grates my mind.

I do not believe there is anything at all after we die. Just like a candle's fire slowly fading until it completely fades out......... then there is nothing else. Except for leaving my kids without their father, I am not afraid of dying, for there is nothing else. I will hear nothing, I will see nothing, and I will feel nothing. I think that is why I (or people) call it the end……

the answers given so far are all excellent. . .after death the world continues on without you or me or whoever just died. . .

but on your question of "proof". . .as a skeptic I don't even think I'm looking for proof, just more information with evidence to back it up. . .that's why no one here thinks there's anything after death, there's no evidence

To the best of our knowledge, once you die, you're dead. The chemical reactions that fuel our bodies cease, the electro-checmical reactions that give rise to our neural activity stop, and we cease to be. In time, the chemicals in our bodies are recycled via decay, etc.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

The Movie Kiss: Romance or Rape?

Started by Unseen in Society. Last reply by Cato Rigas 3 minutes ago. 68 Replies

Parents: help?

Started by Lee in Advice. Last reply by Cato Rigas 20 minutes ago. 9 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Unseen 2 hours ago. 70 Replies

Blog Posts

In Avoidance of Anger

Posted by Pope Beanie on November 27, 2014 at 4:59pm 0 Comments

The plane that never crashed

Posted by Brazillian atheist on November 27, 2014 at 12:17pm 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service