I am a rational person. So I don't think the world is going to end on December 21st. I have a friend who is obsessed with Terrance McKenna, the I ching and Time Wave Zero and he is constantly posting on Facebook about all that crap. When I see this person in real life, he will bring up this nonsense and begin talking about it like it is science fact. This friend of mind is not religious in anyway, but he is always talking about his "true calling" and discovering "the path you were meant to follow", and how he wants to discover, "the nature of the universe". It is very frustrating. Anyone have any advice on how to deal with this kind of zealous behavior?

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why bother?

RSS

Forum

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 1 hour ago. 12 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Davis Goodman 3 hours ago. 63 Replies

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 5 hours ago. 7 Replies

The Elephant in the Room...

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 7 hours ago. 25 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service