Hello everyone!
I've been wanting to join a non-internet atheist community in my area for quite some time (and I luckily live in a place where these are not lacking), but I do not have the time to commit to any organized group (I'm a full time graduate student) that meets physically. I've been an atheist since I was about seven, but never actually heard the term "atheism" until high school, and even then it took me a while to discover that that is what I was. I've been following the online atheist movement for about a year but never really participated in any discussion, I've always wanted to, but never ended up doing it. I never have any place to discuss my non-belief, or my political views, because while most of the people around me do agree with me, they are not quite as absorbed in it to want to talk about it all the time, and they also seem to get a bit put off when they see how passionate (read as: pissed off) I get about some issues. So, here I am, diving in, and hoping to find a place where I can participate in the online atheist discussion that I've been watching for what feels like forever.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hope Shine doesn't mind me piggybacking onto him haha - I too just joined a few hours ago. I am loving the site so far and how everyone is so friendly!
Lol! Not at all...but I'm afraid that I lack a Y-chromosome. ;)
We won't judge you.
I feel weird welcoming you since you've been here longer than me, so I'll just say: Hi there! :-)
haha thanks! hi :)

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 28 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service