A church was selling baked goods in these bags at our town's voting station yesterday.  How is this ok?  I think they get to do it on a technicality because it was outside the cordoned-off voting area in the high school gym.  I vaguely remember being appalled four years ago about the same thing.  As we left the building my son, who is 9 and wanted to eat the brownie we had just purchased, said, "I am being tormented by this 'Smile, Jesus loves you' bag!"  (He has a firm grasp of the use of sarcasm already.)

Views: 375

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If jesus really loved you there's be some pot in those brownies.

amen to that!!

I had a similar experience but mine didn't involve brownies.

Absolutely write a letter to your local Board of Elections. Then wait a while. If nothing happens, escalate. That's my plan anyway. So far, I'm on step two.

Praise Jebus.

Last Easter, I was in a pharmacy when I spotted these wonderful items, which I took pics of with my phone.  I hope the detail comes out suf-fish-iently clearly :)

Oh no!  It was sink or swim with that pun!

On a scale of -1 to -10 it was definitely at best a -5.  But it hooked and reeled me in to commenting on it.

Anytime I ever had a bag with a smiley face on it I think a desire for chocolate followed eventually.:-)

Well it's got to be a chocolate Jesus
Make me feel good inside
Got to be a chocolate Jesus
Keep me satisfied

Tom Waits.

when you go to mass....

jesus melts in your mouth; not in your hand..

well, if christians have the right to advertise their god we have the right to advertise the non-existense of one. thats how i feel about it. im at the point where i dont care who i piss off, christians can say their opinions about god. in public! if they have the right to advertize their opinions, so do i.

but no, they shouldnt have the right to even sell jesus brownies. religion should be kept silent.  bieng a christian means having a relationship with god, not you god and the whole world.

I think they should be allowed to sell stuff.  I just don't think it should be done at a polling place.

Get your Imported Mephistopheles hot dogs here! Today Only:4 for 1 Soul! That's right, denounce god and feed the whole family

RSS

Forum

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Ed 28 minutes ago. 6 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 2 hours ago. 44 Replies

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Cato Rigas 5 hours ago. 5 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 2 Comments

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service