Women against feminism parody has a new face....with whiskers...

"Women Against Feminism" have officially joined the ranks of internet infamy: it's been parodied by cats.

There have been numerous responses to the "Women Against Feminism" Tumblr, which features pictures of women holding signs that describe why they don't need feminism -- but this one definitely takes the cake.

"Confused Cats Against Feminism" brilliantly exposes just how misguided the idea that women don't need feminism is. The Tumblr features cats holding signs declaring "I don't need feminism because I can't eat it or shed on it," and "I don't need feminism because it's not food. Is it food? Where's my food."

The confused cat signs poke fun at the women featured on "Women Against Feminism" and their fundamental misunderstanding of the feminist movement. The bizarre concept of cats caring about feminism echoes the similarly bizarre and misguided signs such as "I don't need feminism because I need a man to respect me," and "I don't need feminism because my sex life is not a political agenda," featured on "Women Against Feminism."

We're not totally prepared to forgive cats for turning up their tails at feminism, but we have to admit, their reasoning seems a bit more sound than their human counterparts'. After all, cats really can't eat gender equality.

"Hey, cats need a place where they can post pictures of themselves holding signs denouncing feminism for assorted weird reasons that don’t seem to have anything to do with what feminism is actually about," wrote David Futrelle, the man behind the Tumblr page. If it means more cute kitties on the Internet, we'll support the catriarchy to the end.

See more...

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5626680

Do you agree or disagree with their initiative? Is it effective? Does it send the right message?

Views: 354

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That negative impact is not caused by radical feminists; it's cause by people incapable of making distinctions… it's not a bad name they are giving to feminism, but rather a bad name given to feminism because irrational people cannot separate the unique views

I agreed that it’s not fair that more people don’t make greater distinctions, but they don’t.  You can specify the blame wherever you like, but that changes neither the behavior of toxic identarians, nor the resulting backlash against feminism as a whole.

why are you turning your gaze to radfems for the black eye overall feminism receives rather than the people throwing the fist?

I think I’ve been clear that my criticisms have been aimed at a part of the radfem/SJW community that plays identity politics & in-group vs. out-group warfare, along with specific pieces of their ideology.

@Unseen RE The problem with old school feminism is that it peddles the idea that women are victims.

C'mon Unseen. You're old enough to have been alive when women couldn't become employed easily, have control of their fertility, and suffer in silence as their husbands beat them because it was a "private matter." Women WERE victims. We are no longer because of the struggles of our mother, grandmothers, greatgrandmothers etc. To make a mockery of what they went through to get us here is appauling, ignorant, and counterproductive.

Once you label yourself a victim, you are essentially throwing in the towel and giving up. You're saying you can't get out of your situation without tugging on a patriarchal/matriarchal sleeve.

No no no no no. No. That's not even remotely what I said. I said women WERE (Past Tense!) Victims. We are no longer (at least in many parts of the US...not talking about other countries here) because our mothers and grandmothers and many men too, fought to bring us to where we are now. To consider that useless and unnecessary is offensive.

And what I said was about what I call "old school" feminism, which is the kind of man-hating feminism that a lot of the "women against feminism" reject. They don't see every man (even the ones they may dislike and think of as 'part of the problem') as part of some sort of a conspiracy but rather as ignorant.

Do we still disagree?

Kinda funny how when young women say no to feminism, feminists don't accept that no means no...

LOL

It's because of men like you that we don't.

"Men like me"...?

I'll go make some popcorn.

RE: "Men like me"...?

.....And your little dog too.

Women like you and your clowder of cats.

RSS

Forum

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Unseen 18 minutes ago. 30 Replies

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Noel 56 minutes ago. 9 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 6 hours ago. 64 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 13 hours ago. 12 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service