Hi, I am a 64 yr old woman who is finally free of religious skeletons. I can now without guilt call myself an Atheist.  Because of my "Christian" upbringing ,my thoughts, ideas, opinions became molded for me but not by me, as a result i have never been able to express myself very well . I now hold my own opinions which i would like to articulate on this site but so far feel intimidated with the writings, they all sound so intelligent and im impressed by the way opinions are expressed . The other day a blog on here was a guy expressing his disgust on how stupid some people are when it comes to writing their opinions without proper punctuation ,spelling etc, well i am one of those people, I feel very intelligent inside but cannot express myself well. I guess the point im trying to make is that i found this site interesting but feel very intimated to speak my mind.  For now i will just sit back and enjoy the reading.

Views: 1226

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No pain - that was my imitation of "Tim the Toolman's" questioning grunt, which translates to "Different Strokes'" "What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?!"

And me, of my neighbor's weird uncle, who spent most of his life in a straight jacket.

And you of my sister's dog, who licks his...well, that's a story for another day.

You like weird? It's all yours --

RE your sister's dog - and you call that what, Chihuahua envy?

No, archaeopteryx emulation.

Hey Peggy.. Please don't let the anal retentive grammar and punctuation nazi's hold you back from posting your feelings.   I wouldn't be able to post a word if I was worried about someone grading me on it.   Let it all hang out and don't worry about someone scrutinizing it for errors.  Communication develops with practice and you will find yourself relating your feelings more effectively over time. 

There are many kind and helpful people here who will help you articulate what you want to say just by the questions they ask.  They help me all the time.  I look forward to reading your posts.

I can't help noticing, to my regret, that even with six pages of encouragement, Peggy hasn't posted a word --

Peggy, still there?

@Wesley 10/10. Good Job :)

Thanks Suzanne! You are too kind!

The interesting thing about this site - it brings out one's passion for the subject, and you learn as you go through - jut get the words on paper, and it is all good.

Especially when a xian tries it on - that is really good fun.

About my computer... :)

I felt that way even with the Unitarians.

Dear Peggy...I'm proud of you.

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service