Hypothetical Question - What would society be like if there were no consequences?

What kind of a society (sans a god) do you think we would have if everyone believed they were born bad,couldn't help but to do bad--but that it didn't matter because they would never get thrown in jail.

In my opinion--it would be and IS chaos, but it IS chaos due to the influence of Christianity which holds to the above meta theory.  (sin, repent, sin, repent--repeat when necessary without consequence)

So what is your view of a society that could do whatever they wanted to without consequences.

Tags: christianity, morality, sin

Views: 1402

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RE: "I also believe she was abused." - having watched a number of her interviews, I was left with the same thought.

I like seeing like minded people trying to figure out what the Judea / Christian psychosis is all about! What makes a bunch of people believe in the same thing, well not exactly the same thing. It's all based on the whole Bible, well not the whole Bible by some people(s). Some people believe there is another testament to Jesus Christ too.

You mean like the Mormon testament? --lol.  Joseph Smith was one of the very best con men around-- past or present.  I believe he took lessons from Paul. 

Speaking of Mormonism, you might have an interest in the following - actually, one of our TA members is the distant ancestor of one of the perpetrators of The Mountain Meadows Massacre:

http://1857massacre.com/

http://mountainmeadowsmassacre.com/

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/mountainmeadows/leeac...

"Insanity is believing your hallucinations are real. Religion is believing that other peoples' hallucinations are real."

-- Dan Barker --

I agree--but in the case of religion--namely the Christian/Mormon religions, I think it is more insidious than that.  I do not even think they had hallucinations.  I believe it was all a giant scam made by some of the best con men ever.

Stupidity is believing everything you hear, and the funny thing is, is that the bible tells people:

“The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.” Proverbs 14:15

It seems to me that there are not too many "prudent people" within Christianity.

I agree completely about Mormonism - but you have to admit, as con games go, Smith went to greater lengths to pull his off than any single individual I know of in history. Writing an entire book was a Herculean effort, without any guarantee of success.

Constantine I, being king has a huge advantage, but that guy is why so many worship the cross today.

Constantine was both a murderer and a tyrant, and if it were not for his search for absolution in the afterlife, Christianity may not have flourished at all. 

It was because of him, and all the other "liars for Jesus" that came after him that helped create the chaos that is the world today.

RE: "Some people believe there is another testament to Jesus Christ too." - I'm not clear what you mean, Val - there were many other testaments to Yeshua (his real name), but only 27 made it into the orthodox compilation, none of which were written by any who actually knew the man, if he ever, in fact, existed.

"Matthew" was the Greek name for Levi, the tax collector, that the NT tells us Yeshua accepted as a disciple, yet whoever wrote the "Gospel According to Matthew," copied the Gospel of Mark, in some cases, word for word - the REAL Levi would have had his own story to tell, from his own perspective, and had no need to copy anyone. "Luke" was a Syrian physician, who followed Paul, and had no occasion to meet Yeshua, while James, who is assumed to be James, son of Zebedee, the fisherman, never claims to be, and in fact, is the only one of the four who tells an entirely different story of his meeting with Yeshua, and it has nothing to do with the Sea of Galilee, fishing boats, or making anyone "fishers of men."

Many, many other Yeshua stories emerged, some saying he was all human, that the "Holy Spirit" entered him at baptism, then left him on the cross. Others say he was fully divine, and only pretended to suffer pain, whereas actually, he felt nothing. The choices of the 27 books were purely political.

The laws of physics would have to be suspended.. for every action has its reaction.   

But just for the fun of it lets say that we lived in a society without any laws....   I think that 'laws' would eventually evolve out of a society that started without any... pretty much like they already have.

I've only read the first page of this thread so far....

There would be no society. There would be no jails, no buildings, no books, no anything. Society wouldn't work, couldn't even happen, without our evolved intelligence which led to "ethics and morals" (however currently defined). 

RSS

Events

Services we love!

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service