So here is some insider info. Be prepared for them. This is worth a read. Let's see how long you can keep a straight face.

http://www.wikihow.com/Persuade-an-Atheist-to-Become-Christian

Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry to clarify - I know the page may look suspect but the article is good.

Weighed and Found Wanting
A critical analysis of the Watchtower's 32-page brochures released at their assemblies in 2010: The Origin of Life - Five Questions Worth Asking and Was Life Created?
Oh indeed - i'm in the middle of the doc now. I just find it interesting that Google-Ads seems to constantly link any page about atheism to ads for bible-study and christian apologists.

I suppose I should be grateful that the ads for weight-loss have stopped showing up. I was starting to get a complex.
I suppose religions would be able to afford a few adds here and there. Ha - more money than google If your ever in a hotel room that has an A4 article on using reason and logic in the gideon bible - I stayed there :)
Nice.
Google sucks! :P
ha ha! yeah... I absolutely love this part:
In the discussions, you need to find out why this particular atheist may feel that way. Has your friend always felt that there is no [caring] creator? Or, has something happened in their life or have the experience the hypocrisy of some religious leaders or in historical events such as disgust with the Crusades and Inquisitions? Whatever is the reason, you need to get the core of it, reach their core beliefs, heart of any problem
"Has something happened in their life..." lol... apparently the only way you could become an atheist if you already believed in God is if you are a depressed, angry, cynical mental case. lmao!
How could something called primordial soup and static electricity, or some spontaneous action in a tidal pool cause or lead to
genetics and chromosomal programming,
uniqueness and instincts,
an immune system,
autonomic life support systems,
healing of injuries,
energy creation and utilization,
and human "intelligence."

That converted me as soon as I read it. Im a born again christian..the stanza above totally shot down all doubts within my mind.
They basically stated that we know the bible better than they do, we are more intellectually learned than they are in more subjects, and they can't win us over with the flimsy veil of faith. I would feel a little demoralized as a Christian after reading this. And then I'd become an atheist!
Reason and logic will eventually win over faith and superstition.
Pray to God in private. Christians believe that it is up to God, ultimately, to convince people to follow him (John 6:44, 16:13). The Bible also says that a Christian is supposed to "pray in the closet" (Matthew 6:5-6). This means that you're not supposed to pray in public to impress someone. If God is going to answer your prayer and convince the atheist, then he would do so whether the atheist hears it or not. Most atheists have been prayed at by many people. They tend to find it extremely annoying and presumptuous.
Yeah... go pray to the ceiling of your closet.... and I'll privately laugh at you.
RAmen! May you heathens be touched by his noodly appendage! ^_^
They forgot the secret nail in the coffin (at least for me, anyway.)
Offer bacon.

I mean it.
I'd totally become Xtian for a day for the price of a BLT.
I actually looked this up a few weeks ago out of curiosity to see if any such articles existed. Funny stuff.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service