So I was looking for stats on how many atheists were once theists of some type or another (still haven;t found it-- so could use some help) and I found this page. 

http://www.wikihow.com/Persuade-an-Atheist-to-Become-Christian. 

I thought it was interesting in the fact they try to keep Christians aware of logical fallacies.. 

I know how we feel about religion already, what I'm wondering are your views on this primer for converting atheists...

Views: 2686

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heather, your five were too good to leave in history's dustbin.

Corollary to 2. An apology will be construed as an admission of guilt and as a lack of self confidence. Instead, chuckle as if the behavior described never occurred to you.

Corollary to 3. Your interest in bedding someone won't be your only interest if you've jacked off recently. How recently is highly idiosyncratic, so practice and learn.

6. Practically guaranteed: after a spouse-swapping party ends, leave with another couple with whom you and yours had not swapped. All four of you are more than ready for more.

These are without my having read the WikiHow article.

Tom - RE: "chuckle as if the behavior described never occurred to you." don't forget the sad head-shake - very importat!

So Heather, you're saying, "Hi, what's your sign?" might not be the way to go --?

I think it's funny that the article didn't mention the one, sure way of converting an atheist to christianity: provide documented, peer-reviewed proof of the existence of god! Seriously, believers, that's all it would take! :)

How to convert an atheist..  Take an atheist.  Shove atheist's head up his backside..  While blinded, make atheist make claims/guesses about the world...

This might not work well either. I have noticed one tendency for some of us to spend lots of time pursueing our tails and analysing everything to death. Happily my backside is mostly unavailable except via mirror...

ROFLMAO.  Touche.  

I wonder if you could persuade a person to forget how to ride a bike with the same methodology.

Appeal to the social angle.....  Now I'm gonna read teh article...

that was a brilliant article...  I wish more theists would follow said advice..

I think just reading the Bible is enough for most people to throw the bullshit flag - eventually.

I thought it was a good article. I see NOTHING in it that would make me remotely interested in converting back to Christianity, but it does give a good road map for Christians to have a thoughtful, respectful conversation with atheists.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 14 minutes ago. 90 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service