So I was looking for stats on how many atheists were once theists of some type or another (still haven;t found it-- so could use some help) and I found this page. 

http://www.wikihow.com/Persuade-an-Atheist-to-Become-Christian. 

I thought it was interesting in the fact they try to keep Christians aware of logical fallacies.. 

I know how we feel about religion already, what I'm wondering are your views on this primer for converting atheists...

Views: 2750

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is quite clever.  Obviously, someone who has tried to convert an atheist or two wrote this.

@Strega - I recall a video you posted a few months back about a woman that would just not - No Way - put up with that.....but I can't remember the song title....., Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,

@Reg - Ain't nobody got time for that!

Thanks - that helps Strega. (bookmarked)

I think the person who wrote this is a troll, because if you do all of the things he recommends in order to prepare yourself for your encounter with an atheist, you'll end up an atheist.

I think we should take a rather different tact.

A philosophy prof. once suggested that a proof really rests with the posser, not with a rather disinterested other party.

I suggest that since it is 'their hangup' let them do the real work!

The real reason that they want us to play along is that they need another soul to flatter/validate their belief.

I personally am rather happy that 'god' is not a problem, for me! I can go on, tend my little garden, make love, appreciate beauty, and try to have an honest, ethical life, without getting all flustered and unsettled by constantly trying to sell some 'product' such as 'god'. I played that game for years, and feel that it was a fool's errand. I quess if I could find the repair manual for the product so it seemed less falty and buggy, it might be easier to atleast entertain it. In reality I just keep getting bugged by people that are gungho and all a flutter about the idea like it is just the newest great thing.

So once again we revisit the 'product', kick the wheels, give the taste one more swirl in our mouths, and maybe take one more bite. Then our head goes into another tizzy, trying to make sense out of it 'ONE MORE TIME', with the hope that it will be 'better' this time!  

for an atheist

girl: lots of hot guys

guys: lots of hot girls

I find this can be dangerous. Because when you're putting it to a Christian girl, sometimes bad things are happening in the back of your head. Yeah maybe there's a little "You're a naughty little Christian, aren't you?" stuff rattling around in there but I think the big one you have to worry about is the "You're a dumb little..." thoughts. Which is to say, as an atheist, am I doing this out of some kind of superiority complex?

RSS

Forum

Coming Out as Humanist

Started by Barry Adamson in Religion and the Religious, Atheism and Atheists. Last reply by archaeopteryx 57 minutes ago. 18 Replies

What would happen...

Started by Griffin Buckerfield in Small Talk. Last reply by Simon Mathews 2 hours ago. 5 Replies

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Simon Mathews 3 hours ago. 4 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 21 hours ago. 15 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service