So I was looking for stats on how many atheists were once theists of some type or another (still haven;t found it-- so could use some help) and I found this page. 

http://www.wikihow.com/Persuade-an-Atheist-to-Become-Christian. 

I thought it was interesting in the fact they try to keep Christians aware of logical fallacies.. 

I know how we feel about religion already, what I'm wondering are your views on this primer for converting atheists...

Views: 2765

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Use logic and research to your advantage. Remember that some aspects of God and his existence cannot be explained logically, but the origin of life cannot yet be explained fully.

The author(s) does not believe the bible creation story. I was thinking they had to hire an atheist to write that article, but then I saw this:

Edited by Mileigh, Rob S, Rojo Don Poho, Morgan Barnhart and 157 others

Oh, It's  Wiki-authored.

It's a choice

@Shelamae Sarabia

What's a choice?

All hail Joe Pesci!

I'm sure it can be purchased. I think the better question is how much would it cost.

I particularly saw some ray of hope in this part:

"Be knowledgeable about Christianity. If you are a Christian and you believe that the Bible is the direct word of God, then have you read most of it and the Gospels? If not, you may find the person you are trying to convert is better versed in the Bible than you. Remember that atheists live in a world that is mostly religious. They've had to defend their beliefs much more than a Christian who lives in a mostly Christian society."

Who knows, we might get some new atheist recruits!

"A thorough reading and understanding of the Bible is the surest path to atheism."
-- Donald Morgan --

I have seen satire whiz past so many xians that I wonder if they understand English.

This article's advices seem intended to educate xians away from xianity; it's as subtle as any satire I've ever seen.

" Remember that atheists live in a world that is mostly religious."

Americans need to start realising that the proportion of atheists/agnostics to believers is not the same all over the world as it is in their dysfunctional corner of it. Religious believers are outnumbered in most parts of Europe. China is 80% atheist.

One of the bullets suggests using examples of real people who were turned to faith, such as Aru who needed proofIt starts out with getting stoned and reading Revelations, then goes on to have Aru test God (which I thought you weren't supposed to do). 

What I gather from this is if Christians want to convert me, they should get me high first, then let me obstinately refuse until I get some proof.

If you need a Second for that, pick me, pick me, pick meeee!

I was thinking of starting a church: The Church of the Burning Bush. Basically, we'll just sit around getting baked in place of mass, and we won't bother with any proscriptions unless God stops in to talk to us directly. Maybe there will be a light show or something. I dunno. If we wanted to get really Moses-ish, we could wander around in the desert, but I believe that is already called Burning Man.

The important thing is that we find a way to make it tax deductible.

For Eucharist, could we feed each other doritos and smores?

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service