How to debunk: "The universe itself is my proof... it wouldn't be here without God"

All I can think of is:

"Its an argument from ignorance"

"Give me one logical reason why the universe needed a creator to exist?"

How would you debunk this argument?

Views: 2477

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The universe is everything there is. The universe is time, space and matter. it occupies everything and outside of it there's nothing. In order for "the universe to exist because of god", god needs to be outside of it, independent from it, in control of it, while at the same time not being affected by it's physical laws. This is incoherent. How can a creative force exist outside of everything?. There can't be anything before everything.  All that exists, is part of all that is. Whatever that's not part of the universe doesn't exist, therefore cannot affect us.

What a bunch of balogna.

Oh you are a theist, no wonder you lack simple compehension skills. Go and keep talking to your imaginary friend that here nobody asked your opinion. :)

Are you saying, DP Inc, that you believe in the Bible as the inerrant word of god?

pax vobiscum,
archaeopteryx
www.in-His-own-image.com

Did you mean "baloney"?  Or, perhaps, "bologna"?  You know, it is always easy to spot the theist trolls; their spelling and grammar are atrocious.

9 out of 10 theists can't even spell theist (and therefore atheist) right. They always write athiest. I bet they also say "nuculear energy".

Wow, if someone had hacked my account and written a post saying "What a bunch of balogna," I'd consider suing them for portraying me as an idiot.

Dr.Krauss can explain it far better than I can (with an introduction by Richard Dawkins) - a good watch.

pax vobiscum,
archaeopteryx
www.in-His-own-image.com

I have no idea as to why the URL  I included didn't post, but here it is again:

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/09/10076985-how-to-get-a-cosmos-from-nothing

pax vobiscum,
archaeopteryx
www.in-His-own-image.com

I just bought the Kindle edition of the book. Thanks for the heads up.

I always thought "Peas and biscuits" sounded pretty weird as a snack or a meal. Thanks for clearing it up.

A Universe from Nothing: Why There Is Something Rather than Nothing

http://www.amazon.com/Universe-Nothing-There-Something-Rather/dp/14...

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

Analyzing Ferguson

Started by Unseen in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Davis Goodman 2 minutes ago. 9 Replies

The Movie Kiss: Romance or Rape?

Started by Unseen in Society. Last reply by Unseen 2 hours ago. 65 Replies

"Probably won't report".....

Started by Belle Rose in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 4 hours ago. 19 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Erock68la 5 hours ago. 63 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service