My family isn't very religous, but when my friends or family do say something about god, I usually end up muttering noncommittal responces, because I'm afraid to say what I really believe. How do I get over this, or should I not worry about it?

Tags: Fear, by, disbelief, judging, me, my, of, people

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have dealt with this as well. If I just over hear someone talking about God and the words are not directed at me, I ignore it. If someone is talking to me about God, I listen and then try to explain my beliefs to them. Unfortunately, almost always, they get fussy and do not want to listen or belittle me in some way to make themselves feel that they are right. Not a whole lot you can do without behaving the same way they do.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

Marriage makes women fat?

Started by Logicallunatic in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 1 hour ago. 9 Replies

What is the Destiny of Intelligence?

Started by Roy Plisko in Philosophy. Last reply by Unseen 2 hours ago. 21 Replies

conspiracy theories

Started by Seth Richardson in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 2 hours ago. 5 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service