An army is a blunt weapon. Send it into a populated area where the enemy doesn't wear a uniform and innocents are going to die. This is happening right now in Gaza. Many people are quick to blame Israel for these deaths, calling them "unnecessary" or even "war crimes."

Lately, Israel has had to endure unguided missiles raining down on its territory. Since they are unguided, the people launching them, Hamas soldiers, aren't conducting surgical strikes. In fact, it appears they  would be happy if they hit schools, hospitals, markets, and other heavily-populated targets.

So, imagine you are Israel. Do you have another way of attempting to put a stop to the daily barrage of missiles?

This is not an invitation to criticize the creation of Israel after WW2. It's not an invitation to criticize policies you think led up to Hamas.

I'm only asking what's the alternative to sending in its troops to attempt to cleanse Hamas out of Gaza?

Tags: Gaza, Hamas, Israel

Views: 1854

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, get real.

It was with much enthusiasm for centuries that England's Catholics killed England's Protestants and vice-versa.

So bug off and let folks in other parts of the world do the same.

England survived and became a world power.

Chlorine gas?

Unless one side utterly decimates the other these people will continue to murder one another during brief periods of assault. They genuinely do not like one another or respect the rights of the other side. Why don't we stop sending billions to Israel in the form of military equipment and financial support and just let these warring tribes work it out on their own? We are continually caught up in the middle of a tit-for-tat playground fight that never has a lasting peaceful outcome. There's no oil there or other carrot that makes our involvement even necessary. But that will never happen as the Jewish influence in America has a stranglehold on what happens in D.C.

The reason U.S. involvement is necessary is that the Israelites are the chosen people of god and we need to be on their side when judgment day comes so that we can show god that we are good by association.

Why don't we stop sending billions to Israel in the form of military equipment and financial support and just let these warring tribes work it out on their own. 

Oh? How do you imagine Hamas get its rockets? Do you think they have a rociket factory somewhere in Gaza? 

Also, you see this as part of the worldwide Jewish conspiracy? Are the Rothschilds behind it?

I wasn't aware of the U.S. supplying the Palestinians with weaponry. If someone else is that shouldn't be our concern necessarily. Our image as the Middle East mediator in these cultural skirmishes should be downplayed.

Not a conspiracy, just a simple fact. The financial and political segments of our country have a great deal of influence coming from Jewish interests.

WTF? Where did I say, or even imply, that Hamas gets its missiles from the US? They get their missiles from Islamic countries who want to stir the pot to keep pressure on Israel in the vain hope that Israel can be obliterated.

The M-302 rocket is a Syrian-made munition that can launch a 375-pound warhead as far as 125 miles. According to Israeli media reports, the model intercepted on March 6, 2014 was an A302, which is five meters long and with a total weight of 500 kilograms. It has a range of 90 kilometers and carries a 170 kilogram warhead. (source)

@Unseen
"WTF? Where did I say, or even imply, that Hamas gets its missiles from the US?"

Well...Ed said this which you copy/pasted into your comment:

"Why don't we stop sending billions to Israel in the form of military equipment and financial support and just let these warring tribes work it out on their own."

Then you said:

"Oh? How do you imagine Hamas get its rockets? Do you think they have a rociket factory somewhere in Gaza?"

A reasonable inference from the juxtaposition of those two comments would be that you meant to imply the the US supplies rockets to Hamas. I don't really think you meant to imply that; that would be nonsense. I think that your point was unclear though because you were in such a hurry to be argumentative toward someone who is less pro-Israel than you.

The rockets are not so much manufactured as hand crafted from available materials, fueled with a mix of sugar and fertilizer, (a.k.a. fire-fudge) built with tool commonly found in many auto repair shops.

The rockets are not so much manufactured as hand crafted from available materials, fueled with a mix of sugar and fertilizer, (a.k.a. fire-fudge) built with tool commonly found in many auto repair shops.

Are you talking about in Syria, where they are made?

Israel may wish to attempt sitting one out, though the danger of that is being perceived as weak in an area which pounces on weakness with voraciousness. However, the current strategy of "mowing the lawn" every other year or so doesn't particularly seem to work all that well, and its neighbors have never been more inept at mounting a challenge. 

So I guess do nothing, wait for it all to blow over, and then go on to lose the next election badly might be the only realistic alternative. Though one which, in a democracy, cannot be chosen.

@Rocky John - Are you talking about the Palestinian state Israel refuses to recognize?

I assume you mean the one that has vowed to destroy Israel?

Oh wow. A state illegally invaded and controlled by a Military power that dwarfs them , who are completely unable to get any redress by the UN because America always vetoes any resolution is pissed off at their invader. I guess those Palestinians are just completely unreasonable right?

Yesterday, Navi Pillay, the UN rights chief told an emergency session of the council on Wednesday that Israel's military actions in Gaza could amount to war crimes. 

Shortly thereafter, the 47-member council voted (and adopted) a draft resolution titled "Ensuring respect for international law in the Occupied Palestinian Territory" to conduct an investigation whether Israel is indeed engaging in war crimes. Note: this was a vote just to conduct an investigation,nothing more nothing less, no military intervention, no aid, nothing: just an attempt to get some information aside from the constant propaganda barrage.

29 states voted in favour of the investigation and 17 abstained, including many EU states.  1 voted against, guess which one?

Out of interest sake, if Israel happened to be an ally of Russia instead of the US , behaving exactly the same, what is the chance it would have not been sanctioned up to it's eyeballs by now?

RSS

Blog Posts

Creationists Dispute

Posted by Fouad on December 24, 2014 at 7:26am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service