The more I dive into politics the more I am finding myself fall into the no party category. I would like to know where you fall.

In my opinion, there is no left or right any more. We are becoming the people vs the corporations. Class warfare is becoming rampant.

What are your thoughts?

Tags: no, party

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I beg to differ on the "responsibilities" portion.  I don't know of a single corporation serving a prison sentence.
And laaawwwd knows they oughta!

Because corporations are not physical beings. However, just like a natural persons, corporations can be sued, face criminal charges, stand trial, and pretty much anything else. At the moment, I cannot think of what a natural person can do which a corporation cannot do in some form or another (though I'm sure there must be something).

A corporations "prison sentence" is bankruptcy, which is actually a death sentence (the legal persona ceases to exist). Occationally, the natural persons who conduct crimes through a corporation are also sent to prison ("Piercing the corporate veil"). 

In fact, the regulation of corporations are much stricter than that of natural persons. If you compare the amount of laws regulating your life vs what regulates a corporation's life, the latter stack of books would dwarf the former's.

A corporations "prison sentence" is bankruptcy, which is actually a death sentence (the legal persona ceases to exist).

A real person can suffer both bankruptcy and prison.  Besides, bankruptcy is something a corporation files for, not something that is forced on it as punishment in a criminal case.  And it is most definitely NOT a death sentence.  No!  It is actually a new lease on life!  It is protection from creditors and others that seek restitution!  

In extreme and rare cases, dissolution of a corporation would be a form of punishment.  Almost invariably corporations are merely fined monetarily.  

Occationally, the natural persons who conduct crimes through a corporation are also sent to prison ("Piercing the corporate veil").

Piercing the corporate veil refers to doctrine in civil corporate law where shareholders can be held financially liable.  This is to prevent shareholders from pulling money out of the corporation and hiding it in private accounts in order to defraud.  There is no such thing as a corporate veil in criminal cases, as far as I am aware.

If you compare the amount of laws regulating your life vs what regulates a corporation's life, the latter stack of books would dwarf the former's.

What would compel you make a claim such as this?  Have you actually done the comparison?  And in which country?  Or is it international law?  Civil laws?  Criminal laws?  All laws?  And if so, how are you quantifying a "law"?  Do you count each statute as a "law"?  Each restriction?  Your statement is so vague that it is practically meaningless. 

In 2000 I voted for Nader because I was an idealist. In 2004 I voted for Kerry because I was a pragmatist. In 2008 I didn't vote because I was disgusted with the farce that is our political system.
As I recently heard it described - the pan dimensional clusterf*ck that is our body politic.
Partisan Politics SUCK! I'm in the ME party... population: me
I'm registered as an unaffiliated voter and always vote based on the issues.
I claim to be Adaptive-Progressive as my personal politics.. it means exactly what it says.. But I'm registered as a democrat to vote in primaries..

I am in the "no party" group as well.  I do like a combination of the Libertarian and Green Parties' platforms, though.

If there was an 'honest politician' category I would sign up for that!  

Also , anyone who says no party , no voice ... I think that 'if party then half a voice' considering there are 2 major parties.  Not perfect logic but I'll go with it :P  

I have no party affiliation, as I don't vote at all. Before anyone says "well you should vote, it's your duty, if you don't vote you can't complain", let me say this. I don't HAVE to vote, it is my CHOICE as a free American not to do so. Secondly, there's not a single candidate in any party on either side of the spectrum that stands for what I believe in. Therefore I will reserve my vote for when that candidate shows up. Thirdly, if I don't vote, I have every right to complain. I'm not one of the people who elected the officials that fucked up our government. THOSE who voted for the people currently in power have no right to complain because they are directly responsible. My vote does count, but I want to use it on someone I feel best represents me, and until that happens, I'll be at home on Election Day.

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 1 Comment

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service