Want to know where you figure into the income percentages? This page will tell you, But to answer at what level one is in the 1% (with 99% of Americans making less than you), here's a small chart:

Tags: 1%, income, level

Views: 306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL

You still haven't mastered the art of clicking on the Reply link in the post you want to reply to? This reply of yours is actually a reply to yourself not to my post about why so few Americans want to pick fruit and vegetables.

That's due to my old school phone, not lack of know how...Sorry I don't have money for the latest and greatest technology...That's what happens when you're in the bottom 25%.

I suspect the people who came up with the 99%/1% split as a bit of demagoguery wanted to go after multimillionaires but found that trying to say 99.9%/0.1% (or whatever the correct proportion is; I figure I can't be too far off!) was just too cumbersome.

I personally had ONE year in the top 1% as the result of a windfall, never to be repeated; the tax bill alone was more than I had made any other year of my life. Counting that year and the year before it I've bounced all over that chart from then until now, including a year of being bottom 10%..

This is a crazy statistic:

78 percent of NFL players are bankrupt or facing serious financial stress within two years of ending their playing careers and that 60percent of NBA players are broke within five years of retiring from the game

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/story/2012-04-22/Pro-athletes...

Many people do not know how to handle large amounts of money prudently.  The same sort of thing happens to lottery winners as well.

There's some anecdotal evidence (see #4) that chronically poor people have a tendency to think of spending the money before it disappears.  (I've seen the behaviors described in the linked article personally as well.)

Many people do not know how to handle large amounts of money prudently.  The same sort of thing happens to lottery winners as well.

SO TRUE! Although I dare them to give me a chance I'll prove 'em wrong, LOL!!!

There was just an item on a national news broadcast which linked life expectancy to income.  The upper income levels have the highest life expectancies, probably, according to the item, due to the greater access to doctors and quality health care.

The disparity n income levels is widening, not narrowing.

The upper income levels have the highest life expectancies, probably, according to the item, due to the greater access to doctors and quality health care.

And lower stress levels.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service