Here is a story on CNN today, "Prominent atheist blogger converts to Catholicism"

So, how does one go from reason and rationality to superstitious nonsense? I know that there are some atheists who are only atheist through not reason and rationality but rather from "hating god" because of something that had happened to them. I term these atheists as fake atheists. But someone commented on the site that in her blog that she was raised in a non-faith household (I am not sure if this is true, but for the sake of argument that it is true) - how the hell does one get brainwashed to go from reason and rationality to superstition and irrationality?

Tags: Atheism, Catholicism, Christianity, religion

Views: 1052

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I, too, think it's odd that this "prominent" atheist blogger is essentially unknown to this community of atheists. An actual prominent atheist blogger would be Greta Christina. I know I'd never heard of Leah Libresco until today. It's not like it's some kind of conspiracy, but her "prominence" will certainly continue to be exaggerated for the sake of the story.

Dear Folks:

The 'prominent, atheist bogger' part sounds like window dressing/marketing. It could be a little like saying 'god said'. Thought stops for some. If an 'atheist' changes their mind, it just would absolutely be a important decision! The world would shake, the atheist empire crumble, and whole new theist epic poetry writen to welcome them into the new fold! Oh yes, don't forget the overwheming need for witnessing on the Church channel. 

When a theist parts company, atheists might welcome them sooner or later, share their pain, and try to correct them for linguistic impurity.  

The need to belong is strong. It overrides logic quite often. We can't deny our past when being part of the pack equaled getting to eat or not being eaten.

Ah, but the pack is beautiful when in freedom...when being loved, protected, and free to be our true selves...therein lies the healthy pack.  When singing songs together and dancing in joy, cherishing our little ones and laughing the day away in peaceful simplicity:  that's what my family calls it - peaceful simplicity - no god, no greed.

MAGIC!

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 28 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service